Nearly passed out / Vasovagl Event (Day 16/17)

I am on day 17 and up until yesterday (other than a couple days of having strong adverse reactions to protein)  I've felt really good - no withdrawls, no headaches, high energy.  Yesterday at work I nearly passed out and had to go home and stay in the bed the rest of the day.  Today I'm feeling really light headed but haven't progressed to the point of where I feel I am in danger of passing out.  Is this happening to anyone else? 

For meals I have typically been eating a palm or palm and a half sized protein with a couple cups of veggies, a single or half serving of fruit, plus the recommended fat (usually an approved nut butter, olive oil or avocado).  My water consumption seems to be good and I have been eating salt.   Could this be a specific food or food type that I'm missing or overeating?    I haven't weighed myself but based upon how my clothes are fitting I've lost a decent amount of weight fairly quickly - perhaps too quickly?  Thoughts?  Recommendations?

Have carb dense vegetables like sweet potatoes, squashes, plantains (technically a fruit), root veggies been part of your mix? These really help with energy deficiency (salads and such, while nutritive, are not really filling, nor are they good fuel sources). Try adding these to every meal for a few days and see if you feel better.

Hmmm. From my perch, it seems to me that you're following the template very nicely. Are your portions filling you up (as in, you're not hungry until 4-6 hours after your meal)?

Another thought: I find it odd that you didn't experience any withdrawals, headaches, any symptoms of the carb flu early on. Maybe it just got really delayed in your case?

I have only gotten hungry once or twice between meals and I ate an ounce or two of protein or a handful of nuts with some veggies and life was good again.  I know nuts aren't a recommended snack but I was at a meeting and it was all I had easy access to.

Thanks for the idea of the carb flu.  I just read the symptoms  and what happened to me yesterday (and is lingering somewhat today) doesn't seem to match carb flu.  That said, everyone's body reacts differently. 

If I was experiencing headaches and fuzziness I wouldn't be overly concerned but I spent the better part of 20 minutes flat on my back in my office at work yesterday because I was worried I would pass out.  Whole 30 may have nothing to do with it but given the timing, it feels like something I am doing (or not doing) may be a trigger.

I had my blood pressure checked and that checked out fine.  I've continued to be dizzy but not to the point of passing out.  I've had some ear aches the past couple days so my next stop is my general practitioner to see if I may have some inner ear issue that is effecting my balance.  It is a stretch but I'm going to chase it down because I can't afford to be laying on the floor in my office or have this happen while watching my kids.  Thanks for the follow up. 

Archived