My First Whole30 and Log: Leah

LeahinTexas

Friday, 5/9/14

Day 2

B: Eggs with veggies, half avocado

Lunch and Dinner: I don't remember!

Haven't been here in a few days. Today was Day 5.

Pre-workout: egg

Breakfast: eggs with veggies, apple

Dinner: Chicken breast, salad with dressing, sweet potato

My schedule is off, so I ate breakfast really late, more like lunchtime.

I think I am on Day 6 as far as the timeline. I do not feel like I want to "kill ALL the things," but I am so tired....

• 2 weeks later...

Still doing Whole30! Today was day 13.

preworkout: egg

breakfast: sauteed onions, red pepper and broccoli with two eggs, half avocado

lunch: chicken on lettuce leaf with spinach, olives

dinner: salad with canned salmon, avocado, olive oil with apple cider vinegar for dressing, apple

How important is the food log? Obviously, I haven't been regularly in posting.

Also, how important is it to follow the meal plan? I do most days, but I have had a few were I deviated. For example, I was avoiding snacks, but got so hungry a time or two I ate a snack. I think I feel better when following the meal plan. I did not eat any foods that are on the "do not eat" list, but I didn't eat according to the pattern outlined.

Finally, about fats. If I use fats to saute vegetables, that counts in my consideration of fat for the meal, right?

Thank you!

How important is the food log? Obviously, I haven't been regularly in posting.

Also, how important is it to follow the meal plan? I do most days, but I have had a few were I deviated. For example, I was avoiding snacks, but got so hungry a time or two I ate a snack. I think I feel better when following the meal plan. I did not eat any foods that are on the "do not eat" list, but I didn't eat according to the pattern outlined.

Finally, about fats. If I use fats to saute vegetables, that counts in my consideration of fat for the meal, right?

Thank you!

The food log is a tool that you can use to look back on your journey and/or get feedback from others about. The more detailed it is the more helpful it will be. For example from looking at yours I can guess you are not eating enough, but as you don't always say the portion size I'm not entirely sure.

The meal template is meant to be a tool to use to get the best results out of your journey. I personally find the more I stick to it the better I feel and the less I need to eat between meals. If you are hungry between a meal having a mini meal with protein and fat will serve you better than having nuts or a piece of fruit or something else "snack-like" 

With fats the cooking oil generally doesn't count as most of it stays in the pan. The template guidelines are minimums too. If you find you are hungry between meals and you had plenty of vegetables and 1-2 palms of protein then your fat is what needs to go up.

• 2 months later...

Physibeth, thank you for your answer, so long ago! Obviously, I did not get back to this thread until now. You cleared up some things for me. And I was hungry, so I need increase portions. And this was interesting to me:

If you find you are hungry between meals and you had plenty of vegetables and 1-2 palms of protein then your fat is what needs to go up.

I got through 30 days and continued on for 8 more. Then, I stayed pretty close to the plan, with a few deviations now and then. I definitely feel better and I lost some stubborn weight, about five or six pounds I think. (I need to check to see if I recorded my weight as I started.)

So now I am doing Whole30 again, starting today, August 1. I will start a new thread and try to log better, remembering that it is for my own good, so to speak!

Archived