Can I eat this?

Cinnaberry74

Sorry, it's best that you find something other than this concoction for breakfast. This is banana pudding and therefore SWYPO

There are countless options that are better choices and more in the spirit of a Whole30.  If you're tired of meat, try seafood for a while. Search the forum for possibilities.  As always, for best results, make sure each meal follows the recommended template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and a compliant fat.

Sorry, it's best that you find something other than this concoction for breakfast. This is banana pudding and therefore SWYPO

There are countless options that are better choices and more in the spirit of a Whole30.  If you're tired of meat, try seafood for a while. Search the forum for possibilities.  As always, for best results, make sure each meal follows the recommended template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and a compliant fat.

I'm a little confused. When I asked in another post if I could blitz berries, coconut milk, and chia seeds -- essentially making a pudding -- Robin replied: "Honestly, the line would be when/how you eat that mixture. If you have it with your meal alongside your meat and veggies, then sure!"

Can she not eat this as a side?

I'm a little confused. When I asked in another post if I could blitz berries, coconut milk, and chia seeds -- essentially making a pudding -- Robin replied: "Honestly, the line would be when/how you eat that mixture. If you have it with your meal alongside your meat and veggies, then sure!"

I'll accept that if she bumped up the protein  and added 1-3 cups of veggies, it would work.  

Alone for an entire meal (which was the OP's question), or acting as a "dessert" after a meal - no go.

Most of what you said is fair enough. But this...

...Hmmmm.

The other end of that statement would have been..."If you're having as a dessert after your meal, or in place of a proper meal, then no."

It's fine on the side with protein and veggies, but not as a dessert.

Oh, totally on board that it shouldn't displace a meal (which is why I asked if she could eat it as a side). It's the strict no dessert thing I'm wrestling with in my mind. Don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll probably just bring it up in another post when I've given it more thought.

Soooooo.... if I make it with the crab cakes and veggie quiche that I am serving for brunch on Sunday, then it's allowed?  If so, then it gives me another variety to serve up. 

Yup: go for it - enjoy!  Just be sure to use fresh crabmeat, as imitation crab can contain gluten.

Made this yesterday, and just ate a scoop over shredded apple for lunch. Yum! Thank you for the recipe.

In the interests of full disclosure, I'm post Whole30, post re-intro, and still figuring out which are FWOBs and which, when eaten sparingly, I really enjoy. Ordinarily, I'd have no trouble polishing off the whole recipe in one sitting, but a quarter of the recipe was quite filling with the apple, so I'm not tempted to go back for more.

Archived