PWO MEALS FOR A LIGHT WORKOUT - SAME FOR ALL VARIETIES AND LENGTHS OF EXERCISE?

I am a little confused about the PWO meals.  Do you eat the same before and after whether you are weightlifting or simply taking a jog?  and what about duration of time? 

I usually take a cardio dance class and a strength training class totalling two hours.  I lift 7.5lb dumbells doing bicep curls and things of the sort, lunges, crunches, etc.  Can someone please explain how much I am supposed to eat before and after and if it differs based on what I do?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tom, I've just begun the WHole 30 and have read It Starts with Food and am confused on what constitutes PWO meals also.  If I don't lift wts or do a HIIT on a  certain day, I will take a long hike, between 2-4 miles, sometimes 2 hikes, 1 in the morning and 1 later in the afternoon.  Does this constitute an extra snack or meal for the day?

Any info for walking, hiking, jogging would be helpful, as far as the duration.  It would not be HIIT, but certainly would be 60 min or more.

Thanks a bunch, greatly appreciate any assistance.

Amanda

I think the general rule is, if it's strenuous and/or you're much hungrier on days that you hike/walk, you should eat a little extra afterwards. And if you're going out for an hour walk before breakfast, I'd definitely eat a pre-WO beforehand - if it's between breakfast and lunch, I personally wouldn't bother, but I might make sure that my lunch is a little bigger.

Archived