LisaLulu's reintro log

Note to self- eating non compliant foods at a party= fine. I eat them, enjoy them and move on. 

HOSTING a party with non compliant foods= leftovers= bad news. I didn't eat ridiculous amounts or anything, but I still ate non compliant foods a second day in a row despite a bad reaction simply because we had more and they were delicious.... So from now on, serve guests compliant food only!!! They won't even notice!

I know this isn't a totally reliable indicator but on Saturday when I went off plan I had cake with dairy at a party in the morning, then that evening we had another party I ate gluten, rice and sugar (but no dairy). When I woke up the next morning I had joint pain. Yesterday I ate leftovers from our own party (gluten, rice and sugar) and today I have zero joint pain. So most likely dairy. I will eat clean this week and retest both dairy and sugar again on their own. 

Got fed up with reintros because it meant eating non compliant foods (and then potentially feeling crappy) every 3rd day, plus wanting to go off track on the weekends at events. I would prefer to just scrap the second round of reintros (at least until after my second whole 30 this fall) and just go off track socially when it comes up so I can spend more days just eating compliant, especially since I don't even enjoy what I'm testing half the time! 

This is the info I got from my first round of reintros

Dairy- bad inflammatory reaction- so avoid when I go off track

Gluten- no reaction

Rice- Indigestion

Corn- indigestion

White potatoes- no reaction

Sugar- potentially cummulative inflammatory reaction (fine the first couple times but if I continue it's an issue)

So basically as long as I indulge in dairy free items at social events it won't make a huge deal. M-F I eat whole 30, which I prefer to do at home anyway.

You don't have to reintro anything you don't want to eat! And no need to rush it of you are feeling good eating what you're eating.

I got really jammed up about not doing proper reintros last year after my first w30. But if you're doing what you're doing, eating mostly compliant except when out or occasional social events, I wouldn't make yourself crazy over it.

Well what it is, is that I am reintro-ing foods that might be IN something else. Like I don't really feel like eating rice at home with my meals but I would if I went to a thai restaurant some day. But my initial reactions and my gut instincts say that dairy is the only real 'out'. 

Day I have no idea anymore :P

I decided to double check dairy, and since I gluten had already come up fine twice I did it in the form of pizza yesterday.... lots of pizza! Today I feel totally fine. So maybe it wasn't dairy but either sugar, pms or the fact I had a cold? Who knows.... I'll do reintros proper a second time after my second whole 30 this fall and until then just try to eat compliant most of the time.

48 hours after the second dairy reintro I woke up feeling like I had been by a bus. It was pretty awful! So I guess there was a delayed reaction. The day after that wasn't as bad but I still had to call in sick to work! It slowly faded over 2 days and I'm okay today. So yeah, dairy must be a no! 

Well my husband ended up getting sick too so I have no idea! And now today I have that same exhausted, sore I feel pregnant feeling I got the day after I first reintro-ed dairy only this time I didn't have dairy and I'm exactly at the same part of my cycle I was in when it happened last time so it might just be hormones. I seriously need to do reintros in a bubble or something!!! A bubble without cold germs from small children or hormones!

The reality is that post-W30 life is about consistent learning over time. I've kind of come to the conclusion that I might break my post-W30 life into 30 day periods where I experiment long term with different things to see if I can get a better picture of what does and doesn't affect me. I hope everyone is well soon!

Archived