when will I start feeling better?

I'm on day 13 and ever since day 5 I've had mild to severe diarrhea every day. I really feel awful. I expected to feel bad, but not this bad or for this long. And it's not like I went from eating fast food to Whole30. I was already eating "clean" and limiting my carbs to about 100g / day. Why am I having such a bad experience and when will it be over?!

(thanks!)

• Moderators

I felt bad until just after the 2 week mark during my first Whole30, so maybe your experience will improve soon.

I wonder if you are eating more of something than your system can handle. I've had some diarrhea pretty much since tomatoes came into season around here. I've been eating tomatoes at every meal and in relatively high volume because they are good and because I am getting lots of them from the farm. I don't know why eating a lot of tomatoes might give me diarrhea, but don't plan to stop unless things get worse.

thanks Tom. You're probably right that it will go away on its own. Just feeling frustrated that it's lasted so long.

Jenny, that is actually the only new thing that I have introduced into my diet and I have it every morning with my coffee. So, maybe that's it! If it doesn't get better soon I will definitely try to cut that out. Thanks!

Heather -

Some folks have trouble digesting fats, especially if they weren't consuming much fat to begin with. If you've had any gallbladder issues, this is especially true. Usually your body will adjust after a couple of weeks if this is the case. If not, you can always try cutting back just a bit on the fats (like coconut milk) to see if anything changes.

Hope things slow down for you soon!

Archived