Snack Packs

Ausgirl

Hi - I am starting the Whole 30 on Monday (eek!) and would like to get some emergency snack pack ingredients for when I am at work.  I am not used to eating a large breakfast so that will take a bit of getting used to, so I think for the first week or so I might need something mid-morning...

Would love ideas or a link to a good site with ideas.

Thanks!

Okay, accepting that this really is just an interim step till you get used to Whole30-sized breakfasts, then my suggestion is to make breakfast (following the meal template), eat as much of it as you can, then pack the rest of it for later if you are really hungry. Making the effort of preparing a separate snack after preparing breakfast just perpetuates the habit of midmorning snacking, which is contrary to the good eating habits the program is trying to teach.

But really, you should try to avoid snacking in the first place and follow the template from the start. If you do so, trust me: you won't hardly ever need a snack. And you'll get used to it before you know it.

Good luck!

• Moderators

Great suggestions from GlennR.

You do want to make every effort to eat the portions as prescribed by the meal template. If you do find yourself hungry between meals, you want to make your emergency snack protein and fat primarily.

A hard boiled egg or two + some homemade mayo or a small palmful of macadamia nuts, wild sardines in water + a handful of olives, leftover frittata + some avocado, or any leftovers that fit the bill.

There were many times where I didn't feel like eating all of my meal, but I found if I didn't, I would get hungry later. Ideally you want to wait at least 4 hours between eating as your body doesn't start to use fat as fuel until that time period has passed.

Good luck!

Archived