Wanted - Whole30 buddy

DarcyJ

Good morning New Whole 30'ers. I have made my commitment to start the Whole30 program Thursday 15th May and I am looking for any supporters to join me on this journey as a support as I will be here doing it alone. Someone I can laugh with, cry with, tell my frustrations to and share my successes and hopefully be all those things to you as well.

I have been doing the paleo eating way for a while but not totally submerged into it as I was eating bread and having alcohol occasionally and have a fairly unhealthy relationship with food. I believe the Whole30 program will give me just the kick start I need to stop this cycle from going on and on.

Sorry for the late notice I would have recruited yesterday but I could not get onto the site so hence here I am this morning.

I wish everyone on the program and any new starters all the very best of luck and hope u all doing well and enjoy it. I am very excited.

Darcy

Hi Ahavah,

That is fantasic and happy to share our experiences with each other as well as any good, bad or indifferent news.  I need to be accountable as I know myself well and if I think no-one knows I will "cheat" in a sense by just having "one piece of....".

I look forward to hear how you are going on your journey.  I don't want to read all the "how difficult day 4" is. I just want to remain positive and know that this change is a good change for the rest of my life and want to feel fantastic everyday.

Have a good day. Speak soon

Hi CJ welcome welcome welcome! Glad to have u as a buddy. I am very excited to start tomorrow and am enjoying my last bottle of wine tonight. I think that is the thing I am going to miss the most but I have to remember it's only for 30 days. I have been cooking madly so that I won't have any reason to fall off the wagon during the week when I am tired or my friends ask me for dinner and they eat pasta and rice. I am more than happy to take along my yummy food. They will all be jealous lol. Looking forward to hearing how u are going

Hi Ahavah,

That is fantasic and happy to share our experiences with each other as well as any good, bad or indifferent news.  I need to be accountable as I know myself well and if I think no-one knows I will "cheat" in a sense by just having "one piece of....".

I look forward to hear how you are going on your journey.  I don't want to read all the "how difficult day 4" is. I just want to remain positive and know that this change is a good change for the rest of my life and want to feel fantastic everyday.

Have a good day. Speak soon

I am starting on May 19th and I would love to be a part of your support system - please check out my post (header is about Julia Child), and consider being part of mine.

I totally agree w/you about not wanting to hear sob stories about how hard this is and wanting to remain positive. Let's all be thankful that we have food choices, that we are living in a society where we have the luxury of saying, "no, I don't want to eat junk. I can do better."

Good morning NYCDiana and welcome to you.  I love that you have the same attitude as me.  I can honesly say that I feel quite tired at the moment but it is a good tired.  One that I certainly can live with because the flip side to be being tired far outweighs that - I don't feel bloated or feel the need to be snacking all day, looking for that something to eat to get me through the day. I have also dropped my coffee intake from about 10 cups of black coffee a day to only having two and they are both in the mornings.  So you can imagine the headache I am experiencing but again, it is not enough to make me want to give up.  All the positives that I am feeling I am focussing on and they are so much better than the bit of tireness and headache.

I am also of the same opinion as you about not wanting to hear how hard it is.  We are eating REAL food not rocks. So I don't understand why people find it hard.  Hard giving up junk food that is full of chemicals and really bad toxic stuff. I know the brain likes it but honestly what could be better than a nice steak on the bbq with some beautifully made fresh salad.  The time it would take me to order takeaway and go pick it up I could be finished dinner, washed up and sitting down relaxing.  Plus I would have that horrible feeling of all the rubbish and I honestly don't feel good after eating crap.  I call it the food coma - its what happens to be after I eat rubbish.

So here I am on day two, got out of bed made a full breakfast of bacon, egg and fried cherry tomatoes with a hot water with lemon, washed and dried my hair, got dressed, made the bed and off I went.  All in 1 hour - oh and I talked to my mother as well.  So I am not dragging myself around in the morning at the moment - how good is that!  Off to the farmer's market in the morning for some lovely fresh organic produce and then an exciting day of cooking (I do love to cook and drink wine at the same time so that could be interesting challenge for me).

I hope you are doing well and looking forward to hearing how you start out.  Being prepared certainly helps.

Darcy

Well, today is Day 7 for me, and I'm still going strong! I'll be honest though, I'm not sure I can honestly discuss my journey while only sticking to the positive aspects. The fact is that this HAS come with some very strong challenges, some of which I never anticipated. Exploring the challenges and motivating ways to get through them is really something I need with a support system.

Good morning Ahavah, feel free to share all your feelings here as it is not all going to be sunshine and roses. I was merely tying to keep everyone positive and upbeat and to know that you have support in any shape or form that u need. New things are never easy and it's good to know that when u are struggling u can share your experiences to make sure u are not alone and that it is completely normal I. The way u are feeling.

So great to hear that on day 7 you are going strong. Fantastic. Gives me motivation to keep going as I am on day 5.

Have a great day

Morning Stacey - glad you are feeling good - I am on day 6 and although tired and feel like I have a hangover (without drinking any alcohol) I am going pretty good.  I just keep reminding myself that the moments during the day when I feel great I will get there soon enough and feel like that all the time.  Keep on keeping on!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, friends - how's it going? I'm on Day 19 now, I believe. I feel fantastic! I've dropped 14 pounds as of Tuesday. My wedding rings (finally) almost fit again! This was a hard week as we were pretty broke this week, but I managed to make it through without too many difficulties. Just a lot of salads. lol Hope everyone's doing well!

Great for you Ahavah. I just finished day 21...don't know how much I have lost, because I don't know how much I weighed to start with...couldn't force myself on the scale...but I do know that my clothes are definitely fitting better! Were almost there now! 

Morning Ahavah

FANTASTIC - I bet you are feeling on top of the world at the moment.  Dropping 14 pounds in 19 days is amazing. Good for you. I bet you must feel awesome at the moment.

Once you get into it - its really not that difficult.  At the moment being winter here in Australia is great because I get to make lots of warming healthy and hearty comfort slow cooker foods.    Plus being wild, wet and wintery, is a good excuse to say in, making lots of nice food whilst watching the football whilst is it horrible outside.  I love it.

Hope everyone else doing great.  Paleo on!

Hi, friends - how's it going? I'm on Day 19 now, I believe. I feel fantastic! I've dropped 14 pounds as of Tuesday. My wedding rings (finally) almost fit again! This was a hard week as we were pretty broke this week, but I managed to make it through without too many difficulties. Just a lot of salads. lol Hope everyone's doing well!

Please please please hide the scale until you are finished with your Whole30. Focus instead on the other benefits you are obtaining.

Archived