Irish Whole 30 starts today.

Fergatron

Hello from Ireland!

Today is my first day of the whole 30, but I've been on and off the wagon for a while now..and to be fully honest, I'm sick of it. So I'm adamant to stick to it this time without failure.

I currently train in crossfit (I follow crossfit football) and I'm an athletic sprinter, so I'm going have to pay attention to how much I'm eating to keep me recovered. I always found while eating this clean, I always end up craving bad foods, and then cave in. So I'm going to have to listen to myself this time round.

Unfortunately I also suffer from severe depression, so again this is not a good thing to have. Usually eating "bad" food triggers a mental reaction and causes too many problems. So This is something I want to clear up and improve with good food.

I plan on taking some supplements along the way too, such as fish oils, magnesium and BCAA (I'll cycle these as stated in the supplement blog post).

So here it goes! If anyone has any information or similar stories, on how they got over such things, please share! :D

Thanks everyone, really apriciate the the support! Day one food looked like this:

PWO: grilled salmon and butternut squash mash (I train first thing)

B: tuna, peppers, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, carrots and cider vinegar/ olive oil dressing.

L: 4 boiled eggs, red onion, leeks and spinach sautéed in coconut oil.

D(haven't ate it yet): chilli, lime and garlic chicken with cauliflower and avocado.

Water and green tea throughout the day and 2 cups of coffee in the morning.

Ãœber energy dump at the moment but this was exaprcted! No cravings though :D

Hey Fergatron!

I live in Dublin and started the W30 since July 30th. Welcome, and congrats on making a commitment like this! I've already hit Derval up for tips on where to get good, compliant food but share any good finds if you come across them!

Cheers!

Hey everyone,

Great to see others from Ireland! I live up north but I don't really see any problems with sources of food. I'm lucky enough to know a butcher who sells only grass-fed meat..and the town I live in is a small fishing town. Plus lots of veggies locally grown! The only thing I find hard to get is coconut oil and avocados..It's rather hard to find a lot that doesn't cost an arm and a leg..

Sounds like a good place to live food-wise! Love the idea of locally caught fresh fish.

Re the coconut oil, if nowhere sells it locally, you could order it online from holland+barrett.ie or if you have any greengrocer or health store anywhere near you that stocks Biona products, I'm sure they'd order the Biona coconut oil in for you? My local greengrocer carries this one and it's very nice http://www.biona.co.uk/product-194-4.html

Day six starts today and I'm feeling sweet! Though I can deffentaly feel my weight has dropped, I feel lighter... But for the good. Hope I don't drop too much!!

No cravings yet, but Saturday night is my bane. I've a race today... So hopefully I can Stay feeling good :) well hydrated and ready to go...

Archived