Day 8 - Still normal to feel tired?

Today is Day 8. Day 3-4 were tough with cravings and headaches, but that has completely resolved itself. My stomach feels great and some of the issues I have been having since the birth of my daughter two years ago seem to be resolving themselves. The only issue is I am feeling really tired right now. Is it normal? Is it just getting used to this all? I am getting way more sleep now than I have in years.

It's definitely not unheard of. It seems like anywhere between 10-14 days is the sweet spot for things starting to click together, but it's all individual and will also depend on how you were eating before, what you're used to, etc.

Hang in there!

But, just in case: how's the fat intake and what's your activity level?

Thank you! My fat is around 40% based on what I have been tracking. For activity, I try to work out around 3 times a week and then I chase my toddler around on the weekend and we get out for walks with her. Otherwise, my job is pretty sedentary.

Hang in there!! Sometimes it takes a little while, espeically if you haven't been eating a super, super clean diet before your Whole30. My first Whole30 was really tough because I gave up caffine and sugar-free gum. It took a while for all the caffine and sugar-free grossness to get out of my body. Headaches, body aches and some stomach issure all came up. It was crazy. But now, I feel great! Stay strong, even if you need to tone down your workouts or activity for the first couple of weeks.

My answer is going to contradict itself but your fat should be up over 60% & stop tracking your macronutrients. I know it's hard to know the former if you do the latter but simply upping your fat will make it happen.

Are you sleeping at night? Are you in COMPLETE darkness at night? Are you asleep by 11?

Thank you. I will admit that I have a mental issue with upping the fat. I have been improving and trying to add more fat to my daily foods, but I think I am still so stuck sometimes on it. I will make a conscious effort to increase it this week.

I am having the occassional bout at night with waking up and not being able to go back to sleep, but for the most part, I am sleeping. I have made it a point to have lights out by 10:00 and occassionally as early as 9:30.

Hi fellow whole 30-errs. Today is Day 12. No problem following this far. Week one, I slept so well, 7 hours without stirring. And I woke up refreshed, no alarms, did not need coffee at all. But the past two days, I can barely get out of bed after 8 hours. I'm in bed by 9:15 and asleep in a few mins. Complete darkness. And I wake up in a panic at 5:30 but have managed ton fall back into deep sleep for another 15 mins before dragging myself out of bed. This is new. Any ideas? I can ride it out, but I'm curious as to why the drastic change after 10 days.

I'm on day 3, i've missed two crossfit workouts and i've been sleeping 11 hours/night. but my diet was mostly grains, beans, sugar, dairy and veggies. i could live without meat, except bacon. it's been tough to stomach, but i'm excited to see a change.

Agreed!!! This is my first week in also!!!

I feel pretty cruddy and will be walking my dog this week instead of going to the gym.

Archived