Stevia Leaf in Herbal Tea

Audrie

Is Stevia Leaf in herbal tea Whole 30 compliant? I found Bedtime Tea by Yogi that contains:

valerian root, passion flower, licorice root, spearmint leaf, chamomile flower, skullcap leaf, cardamom seed, cinnamon bark, St. John's Wort leaf and flower, rose hip, raspberry leaf, English lavender flower, and stevia leaf.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

• Moderators

No. Stevia is a sweetener. The leaf is less of a problem than the processed sweeteners made from the stevia, but we have to draw the line somewhere. You should be able to find many other complaint teas.

• 5 weeks later...

In ISWF, they call stevia an artificial sweetener, which it's not, but it is the main ingredient in many very processed sweeteners. Then, later in the book, they say something like, "I know I know stevia is a plant! If you want to chew on the leaves go ahead but you'll find you don't want to, they're bitter" or something along those lines. Well, I grow stevia and it's not bitter. The leaves are actually very sweet. I laid off it anyway during my whole30 bc I wanted to break my sweet tooth. It worked.

Archived