Blood type diet

PaleoPlease

I know that the Blood type diet is discredited but there are still some who insist that your blood type should determine what you eat.  Those of you who are familiar with it and are type A blood, how are you doing on the Whole 30?  I know this post will only apply to so few people but I'm curious to see.. I'm blood type A and have decided to start the Whole 30.  

Thanks in advance.

I am also type A. I think that although your blood type can influence what you eat I don't think it is the whole picture. I know that type As are supposed to have trouble digesting red meat because we have low stomach acid. I think this can be true. I think that we are all unique and we have to find out what works for us. I have had blood test for food sensitivies (also discredited) that said that I shoudn't have avocados or lemons (plus a bunch of other stuff) yet these are considered good for type A.

I would do your whole30 exactly as written and ignore the type A recommendation and see how you do. I would definitely take digestive enzymes if you have low stomach acid. Good Luck!

A side note - I have not had any great success on any of my whole30s and I was thinking about doing the vegetarian one (which would be closer to the Type A diet). Who knows maybe that is the answer for me.

Thanks for your response.  I agree that I should follow as written as it is my first time.   I would love to get your feedback and results when you do the Whole 30 for vegetarian. Interesting to see if you get better results.  

Thanks again.

• 11 months later...

Hi, I just posted a similar question on the board... I don't feel good either eating a lot of meat.  I do enjoy some beef periodically (near my menstrual cycle) but don't feel good eating it three times a day.  I've tried to mix up my meats, and am craving some granola and apple instead-- something light.  The only meal I've felt good eating is a big salad, with hard-boiled eggs, potato, and lots of water-bound veggies, like celery.  Perhaps there are some of us that can't handle so much "heavy" food.  Also, I am gaining and not losing!! :-(

Hi, I just posted a similar question on the board... I don't feel good either eating a lot of meat.  I do enjoy some beef periodically (near my menstrual cycle) but don't feel good eating it three times a day.  I've tried to mix up my meats, and am craving some granola and apple instead-- something light.  The only meal I've felt good eating is a big salad, with hard-boiled eggs, potato, and lots of water-bound veggies, like celery.  Perhaps there are some of us that can't handle so much "heavy" food.  Also, I am gaining and not losing!! :-(

You don't have to eat beef three times a day on a Whole30.  Other protein options include poultry, fish, seafood and eggs.  Mix it up.  :)

You also might benefit from digestive enzymes, if eating animal protein 3 times a day is new for you and you're having a tough time digesting. 

If you want to get some further specific feedback on possible tweaks, post 2-3 days worth of your food log in the Troubleshooting section. Include portion sizes, water consumption, and any exercise.  

Archived