Lyme's Disease, PCOS and feeling Achy again

I'm on Day 20 and feeling frustrated. Since I started the diet, my skin is clear, have more energy and I no longer crave sugar. Unfortunately, my body is very achy again. It's worse now then it was before it started. Could it be that my body is still detoxing? My diet was very poor before I started. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

There is no reliable timeline when it comes to changes in aches, but it sounds like you are moving in the right direction with the other positive changes you have experienced. Hang in there!

Thanks Tom for the advice!!

My muscles and joints began feeling better, but then they started hurting again. Also, I'm exhausted today. (Day 25) I wish I didn't feel frustrated, but I am. Should I try the autoimmune protocol? I'd hate to give up eggs and almonds. Could this be a die off? I know there is herx when bugs and yeast die. This causes increased inflammation. I am planning on continuing the program even though I want to quit.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Thanks Tom for the advice!!

My muscles and joints began feeling better, but then they started hurting again. Also, I'm exhausted today. (Day 25) I wish I didn't feel frustrated, but I am. Should I try the autoimmune protocol? I'd hate to give up eggs and almonds. Could this be a die off? I know there is herx when bugs and yeast die. This causes increased inflammation. I am planning on continuing the program even though I want to quit.

Thanks.

I am never eager for someone to jump to the AI protocol because it demands more effort. I am inclined to say try 60 days on the regular Whole30 before taking that step. However, I would not object to you eliminating nuts and you might want to reduce how many eggs you eat to see if you notice a difference. 

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm going to do the whole 60 and eliminate the nut consumption. I'm also going to back off the p90x. Stick to yoga and walking instead. I started this program the same time as the diet. I think my body is screaming at me.

What are your thoughts on digestive enzymes? Probiotics? Should I be taking them?

• Moderators

Probiotics are important. I prefer to get mine from fermented foods, so I eat sauerkraut or kimchi and kombucha every day. I had a hard time finding probiotics in pills that did not cause me GI distress. 

Digestive enzymes can be useful if you are feeling sluggish after eating meat or fat or have a heavy feeling in your stomach. Digestive enzymes won't hurt you and when they help, they can help a lot. 

• 2 months later...

I discovered this thread today  and am grateful for it as I was recently diagnosed with Lyme. I have tried two Whole 30's in the past, The most recent one, I quite about half way through (Was traveling for work, thought I  brought enough whole 30 compliant food for the trip but did not and had too much other stress to prioritize dietary change at that time).  

I am reconsidering returning to a whole 30 to help counter lyme. Lolling in particular for probiotic options to combat yeast growth permitted by powerful antibiotics. I intensely dislike cabbage. What are non-cabbage options? I

• 2 weeks later...

Archived