Eek I start tomorrow!! -- Support group?

konayuki

Hey ya'll, I'm starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow and I'm excited but also a little overwhelmed with saying good-bye to grains and dairy. This past weekend I basically got my fill of all the bad stuff so I think I'm ready to gorge myself on the healthier Whole 30. I ate limited processed foods and absolutely NO fast food previously, so that won't be a problem at least! I also do not have much of a sweet tooth, woot, another hurdle crossed.

My reason for starting the program was sparked by my interest in the Paleo lifestyle to alleviate my joint pain/inflammation (fibromyalgia). I stumbled upon the Whole 30 while reading about "compliance" in some paleo recipes. I then got the book on my Nook ereader and bought the well fed 2 cookbook on amazon. Been flipping through it this past week deciding my meals for the first week. Seems less daunting, but can't say that some of the recipes are things I would normally eat (not a fan of nutbutters with my protein, maybe sunflower seed tastes better than peanut? guess i'll find out...)

If anyone else is starting tomorrow or this week let's make  group to discuss our ups and down and support each other. That would be awesome.

Good luck all!! :)

Hello fellow Whole30ers who started on the 12th of May. Day one is almost over and surprisingly I am feeling pretty good. Really have enjoyed the food today that I prepared. I spent about 2 hours planning our menu for the week and preparing as much as I could food wise. It was so much easier coming home and not having to prep for dinner tonight. 

I expect that the next few days my body will start to rid itself of the yucky stuff, well hopefully anyway. Black coffee wasn't as bad as I thought certainly can't see myself drinking 2 cups a days as before with sugar and milk. 

How have others been going?

I started on the 8th of May and have to say I feel pretty good!  I definitely would recommend making sure that you have the protein and fat portions of your plate full to Whole30 standards.  I have been really busy with projects over the first few days of this transition (which has been hard) but I have managed to bring my food with me (I look like a bag lady).  On the days that I didn't have time to eat at the proper times (but still ate 3 meals) I noticed that a bit of a difference in that maybe I wasn't conscious of my water intake or I wasn't able to relax to eat the entire meal at once.  This is a VERY INTUITIVE program and I have to say from Day 1 it has just felt "right".  

I'm waiting for the clown in the box to pop out but so far it's been smooth sailing.  To make a long post short ;) this is what I have learned in this very short amount of time:

PREPARE as much as you can.  Have a ton of über QUICK meals at-the-ready if you are busy. Take the TIME to eat at your own pace, because you are worth it.  Now bring on the FAT BURNING!  :)  Good luck to those starting today!!

I started today as well! (May 12) The thoughest thing for me will be eliminating cereals and breads. Am looking forward to the program and the support on this forum as well! What great resources I've already found...

I have a group of about 8 people doing this Challenge and we all belong to Orangetheory Fitness in Highlands Ranch, CO!  We are reading emails and supporting one another on Facebook ~ don't over think it all and use resources online!  

I started the 12th as well! I'm excited to see so many people with the same start date as myself, since I thought I'd likely missed out by not starting at the first of the month. Last week (and especially Mother's Day) was a hard time for me, but I did a lot of healing work and laid my mom's ashes to rest on Mother's Day, so I was really looking forward to a bright, fresh start on Monday.

I was gung-ho and did fabulously yesterday, but today I've been really lethargic. I snacked at work today too and needed seconds on dinner. I've felt a bit like a failure even though I'm eating compliant food. I think it's just a sugar/maybe caffeine crash. Gonna just power through until it passes.

Archived