lack of time to sleep due to lifestyle and effect on whole 30

Hi I am on day 5 of my second whole 30. Last time I managed to stay on it for 43 days and loved it. My fibromyalgia symptoms disappeared, my long term bowel problems disappeared. Since then old habits have reappeared so I am back for another go at it.

My problem is I cannot get enough sleep. Given the chance I could easily sleep 8 hours, I like sleep but due to my lifestyle this is not possible. I work night shifts 3 days a week and can only sleep when my children are at school, so usually 4-5 hours if I am lucky. I start nights tonight, I woke at 6.30 and will go back to bed at 9.30 tomorrow morning after the school run. On top of this my children have autism and sleep problems, so I cannot sleep until they are asleep which is often after midnight I then need to wake at 6.30. Will this negatively effect my whole 30 experience.

You will likely not get the best results possible.  Your energy will not be the best it can be.  If you're seeking to lose weight, not getting at least 7-8 hours sleep nightly could plateau that effort. 

These considerations don't mean you won't necessarily get any positive benefits. I'm simply saying you might not get all the benefits possible.

Archived