one week done

Cindi

And I eat way too much fruit. I eat plenty of veggies but could probably eat more of those in exchange for the fruit.

Things I noticed. I chew gum when I want to eat or be nibbling on something OR to fix ketosis yuck in my mouth. Note:I didn't chew gum but was really wanting to. I took it out of my purse so it wasn't handy just incase I went on autopilot.

I miss my coffee. but truth be told it isn't the coffee that I miss but the cream and davinci sugar free caramel syrup. LOL I was never a coffee drinker until I happened to try a couple years ago, a caramel frappuccino at Starbucks. DARN IT! I love the creamy sweetness. I've tried coconut milk in the coffee. No thanks. I've been drinking my tea. I like it plain. ;)

Also I eat too many sweet potatoes.

I've been sleeping better. (all but one night, but one out of 6 wasn't too bad considering it had been 3 or 4 out of 6)

I am a habitual weigher. :lol: I walk in the bathroom and I'm reminded that the scale was put away. I had to put it away so I didn't get on it. And I feel rather scared that I'm not getting on it. Hopefully I'll start noticing something in my clothing as they were all getting tight again, so just being more comfortable in my clothes will make me less apprehensive.

Any thoughts or comments are WELCOME.

What I'm enjoying?

Being more in control.

Eating fruit and sweet potatoes without feeling guilty (I had been an Dr. Atkins groupie for 10 years losing 120 pounds in 2 years)

And we found bacon!!! no salt, no sugar, no nitrates. FRESH BACON! and we LOVE it. We add our own stuff to it. just salt so far but I think I'm going to try garlic on it.

I just made mayo and I'm anxious to try it in a variety of things..deviled eggs, salads, chicken salad. The possibilities are endless.

I'm not a mayo fan by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I abhor it. If you've ever worked in a deli like I did in high school and had to handle the giant tubs of Best Foods Mayonnaise, you too would be disgusted by the look, smell and feel of it. That was like 17 years ago and I still get grossed out thinking about it and passing jars of mayonnaise in the store!

But that being said ... I've had homemade mayo and aioli at restaurants and really like it - it's totally different from that nasty ass stuff from the deli/store. I'd love to try making my own. Does anyone have a recipe they can share with me?

Congratulations on your weight loss. A loss like that takes real fortitude. You look AMAZING!

Many people I know who have had success with Atkins are afraid to try their hand at clean carbs again. And, frankly, they are often overdose on less than optimal proteins, fats, and food-like substances (a great term from Micheal Pollan).

All the best to you!

Maeva

Archived