Susan's First Whole30 (47 yrs from West Coast Canada, trying to live with balance

soozer

Today is the first day of this log and also the second day of week two.

Here's how I got to this point.

I am a young 47 and have the desire to return to a high energy, happier, healthier me. In researching pale earlier this year I also considered this as a way to get me there. Now I am an all or nothing kinda gal. I need a challenge, and I need it to be tough.

May 3rd was my little cousins birthday party and in looking at the photos the next day I realized the image of me I had in my head and the image in the pictures was pretty different. What?!? I'm not a svelte full bodied woman?!? Nope. I am pudgy. (Pic below post being the target of 120 water balloons, lots of whipped cream and 12 cans of silly sting - the price to pay to make a little boy's birthday!). That realization was the trigger. Luckily a few days before I had been reading about Whole30. And so it began.

With some newly purchased clean meat and a many veggies on hand I made one simple meal after another. I enjoyed how the food made me feel satiated. However, consistent with others' dull nagging headaches, and fatigue left me laying low. I still did my bootcamp workouts but they were really tough.

And here we are at Day 9!

Already I feel so much better. This morning's workout was a breeze! I work from my home office and have a very loose schedule so I even took a nap after the 5:30 AM workout. I can already tell this is a life choice that I will incorporate here on in. I am so lucky to live in a part of the world where health is a priority and local food producers are on hand.

Fuel for My body:

Pre-workout: boiled egg

M1: sweet potato and kale task with boiled egg, ginger tea, cashews

M2: hamburger, kale chips (work stalled my run up to the grocery store for veggies)

M3: BC Spotted Prawns and mixed spring greens.

Exercise

1/2 hour bootcamp

1/2 hour shovelling in the garden and planting new plants

1 hour walking dog at the beach

Mood: good.

Physically: slept fantastic yesterday, tonnes of energy in am, afternoon i am tired easily. Bloated, especially after eating. Small and infrequent bowl movements the past few days. If that continues it will become a concern.

See you tomorrow for Day 10.

post-45155-0-17573700-1399917993_thumb.j

Good morning Day 10.

Question: I am sleeping like I haven't slept for years. Anyone else doing that at this point? 

I love it but have to admit I snoozed through my 5:00AM alarm to hit yoga class right through to 8:00AM. That's 10 hours of sleep. A bit groggy this morning but I'm sure that will change soon.

More later ...

Could this be Tiger Blood already?

Whatever it is I'll take it!

Day: 13

Feel amazing today! This is the first day I am feeling good - and not just good but great!

In fact I was woken at 1:30AM (thunder) and have been up and going strong since with a bootcamp workout at 5:30AM and errands for the rest of the day.

Susan

Archived