CAN I EAT ?

adryana

Hey everyone, I'm on my second week,and Im still lost with can eat or not idea. 

1)Anyways can I mix eggs with ( meats,chicken and pork ) in the same meal ?

2) how many time a week can I eat fruits?( since I dont like dressings I like to use fruits in my salad)

3) how many eggs can I have in a meal and in a week ?

Im so afraid of eat too much , so Im controlling the quantity of food .Is this a bad thing? 

can I have only 3 meals or can be like 4 meals ?

Can I eat popcorn and have fried chicken once a week ?

Thanks all of you and hope I can go all do way through the program , is so difficult for me, I gain 55 pounds since I got sick between treatment and doctor food was my only friend, now I trying to lose some so I can start to love me again,

thanks everyone and keep strong 30 days will change your health and life style . good week everybody !!!

Welcome!

The meal template is your friend, as it shows you how to build each meal for best results.

The template recommends 1-2 palm sizes of protein per meal.  When eggs are your protein, the serving size is the number of eggs you can hold in your hand. So yes, you could have a serving size of eggs and 1 palm of meat/fish protein at the same meal.

Fruit is optional: the guideline on fruit is 1-2 servings a day, where a serving is a whole piece of fruit the size of your fist. Have fruit with or immediately after your meals only and don't let fruit push veggies off your plate.

Create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours. As you play with portion sizes, if you are genuinely hungry in between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal containing a protein and fat.

No, you cannot have popcorn: corn is not allowed on a Whole30.

If you cook chicken in a compliant fat, and with compliant ingredients, then yes, you could have fried chicken.  Take a look at this recipe from Well Fed.

For a past post on how many eggs people eat, read here

Please don't make loving yourself tied to your weight.  Make your love for yourself unconditional. We are all entitled to such love.

You can have eggs and meat in the same meal.

You can have fruit in your salad.  They don't recommend more than 1 or 2 servings per day and many limit it more, but fruit is allowed.

You can have as many eggs as you can eat.  Recommended per meal is as many as you can fit in your hand.  I'm an avg sized woman and I usually eat 3, sometimes 4.  My kids would probably eat 2. My husband 4 or more (he's 6'3").  It's up to you.

Don't restrict food.  Eat the template (look around the forums for links to it if you don't have the book).  Eat until you are full.  If you're hungry often before the next meal, up your portions.

No popcorn - no corn.

No fried chicken.  Well, you can fry plain chicken in coconut oil, but no breaded fried chicken.

Good luck!

• Moderators

1. You can mix eggs, meats, chicken, and pork in the same meal.

2. You can eat 1 or 2 fist size servings of fruit per day, but it is not required to eat any fruit.

3. You can eat as many eggs as you can hold in one hand in a meal. In fact, we encourage eating a handful of eggs. Before you crack them of course. :) You can eat as many eggs in a week as you like, but you should probably not eat eggs as your protein more than once per day. Variety is important and you can't get that if you eat eggs at every meal. 

4. Follow the meal template and you will be fine on how much you are eating.

5. No cheating is allowed during a Whole30. Even one cheat ruins the process and hits the reset button.

Thanks you all, I really appreciate all help , Im trying my best to keep on track . please feel free to leave suggests and more . 

One more question:

CAN i COOK WITH GREEN RED AND YELLOW PEPPER ; TURMERIC, BLACK PEPPER, DRIED ONION ?  

Welcome!

The meal template is your friend, as it shows you how to build each meal for best results.

The template recommends 1-2 palm sizes of protein per meal.  When eggs are your protein, the serving size is the number of eggs you can hold in your hand. So yes, you could have a serving size of eggs and 1 palm of meat/fish protein at the same meal.

Fruit is optional: the guideline on fruit is 1-2 servings a day, where a serving is a whole piece of fruit the size of your fist. Have fruit with or immediately after your meals only and don't let fruit push veggies off your plate.

Create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours. As you play with portion sizes, if you are genuinely hungry in between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal containing a protein and fat.

No, you cannot have popcorn: corn is not allowed on a Whole30.

If you cook chicken in a compliant fat, and with compliant ingredients, then yes, you could have fried chicken.  Take a look at this recipe from Well Fed.

For a past post on how many eggs people eat, read here

Please don't make loving yourself tied to your weight.  Make your love for yourself unconditional. We are all entitled to such love.

thank YOU, i WILL CHECK ALL LINKS . 

• Moderators

Thanks you all, I really appreciate all help , Im trying my best to keep on track . please feel free to leave suggests and more . 

One more question:

CAN i COOK WITH GREEN RED AND YELLOW PEPPER ; TURMERIC, BLACK PEPPER, DRIED ONION ?  

Yep.

Archived