Sweating WAY more

Haren.13

I'm finding that since starting the whole30, I'm sweating WAY more and sooner than I did prior to starting the program. This is only during workouts, and isn't really a problem, more an observation. My heart rate (afaik) is normal exercise rate. My workouts are treadmill, HIIT, elliptical, and moderate weight lifting.

Anyone else?

I'm on day 37.

I am on my 7th day and tried to take a Zumba class. I had to stop the class half way because I felt so weak. I was sweating where I normally don't during any physical activity. Do it on the treadmill and Elyptical now too. Is this normal? Starting to get frightened.

• Moderators

Marlene, have you read It Starts With Food? Lots of valuable info about what you are undertaking.

Expect to feel low energy the first week or two, and take it easy while your body adapts to burning fat as fuel instead of sugar. You won't believe the difference afterwards!

I did purchase the book and continue to read it - almost like a bible. The first few days I was fine and now feel exhausted. The book says after two weeks I should feel better. I am sleeping way better I know and really don't miss my carbs too much! Thanks for the encouragement! I will not give up. I set my mind to this and will do it!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is the sweating a problem for you?  For us pole dancers, it's a BIG issue and we do whatever we can to stop it especially on hands and feet. I was told to try epsom salt baths for transdermal magnesium absorption to aid with excessive sweating. It seems to be working, could be the placebo effect, but who cares since the epsom works out all my aches and pains :)

Increases sweat while exercising is a sign of fat adaptation. I had forgotten this until I read it in, I believe, the Aug 1 start date thread. Thinking back, maybe that's why sweat was dropping from my forehead during the game yesterday. My compression heat gear was soaked too. Normally it is moist, but this was much more.

• 3 years later...

I don't know about being an athlete, but I have been someone who has been suffering from hyperhidrosis and has been on this diet. I not really vocal on the forums, but I'm on day 19 and has seen an increase in my excessive sweating even more than I have been used to getting. Before I was using a doctor-recommended product called Certain Dri, which was a prescription strength antiperspirant that was made with aluminum chloride. After I was on this diet, I almost quit because my product I was using wasn't giving me the protection I was used to. And while losing weight and feeling good is important to me, preventing my hyperhidrosis from getting out of hand is more important. I moved up to the everyday strength antiperspirant. I liked this product because it had an odor blocker built into the antiperspirant making it a deodorant too. With the change in my diet, I was able to keep the excessive sweating under control and lose weight and feel great,  

Archived