Halfway...and loving it! Need ideas...

Keri W.

I have made it halfway thru my first whole30...and it's great! I remember reading through this site about a month before I started...and couldn't imagine how I would ever be capable of doing this. Reading ISWF was the extra boost I needed. So here I am...halfway...and thrilled with how I feel physically and mentally. I even survived a wedding shower this weekend that had TONS of things that would make me feel awful if I consumed them and that was enough to keep me drinking water and picking at the veggie tray. I avoided the fancy drinks, cake, pasta, etc. I was rewarded with the fact that I can now fit back into a dress that I haven't been able to wear for a year! I was shocked! I really think that my body NEEDED this change more than I even realized. I'm very happy!

Next up...I have to go away to marching band camp for a week with a ton of teens. Since I'm in charge, I am not able to leave the camp. I will not have access to a stove, microwave, or time for cooking on a fire. I will not have a refrigerator. The camp food is most likely stuff that I shouldn't touch. I don't want to mess up...this will be my last week of whole30. It is an intense, tiring week, and I must keep my energy levels up. I'm certain that there will be nights that I won't get enough sleep. I need as many ideas as possible...please. I have six days to get through. This is the ultimate challenge for me haha! Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Can you call ahead to the camp and let them know your dietary restrictions? Surely they have to feed people with allergies. I'm sure they can make food that will work. Hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, salad with no dressing, chicken cooked with no seasoning (they could poach it in plain water), etc. Take some nuts and dried fruit and canned tuna or sardines in your suitcase. Best of luck!

If you can bring a cooler, then you could just get ice from the kitchen to keep things cold. Like a couple dozen HB eggs and some Applegate Farms hot dogs or luncheon meat.

Archived