Brand new - starting May 15th

drhobbs

I have a bachelorette at the beginning of June that I am very stressed about, so I understand.

I have a bachelorette next weekend as well. It's a long event (for me), about 4 p.m. until maybe 11 p.m. (I'll probably pack it in early because I'm old compared to the rest of these girls, ha.) My plan:

1. 1. Eat a bigass meal before I go.
  2. 2. Bring my own snacks (baggies of chopped veggies, fruit, olives).
  3. 3. Drink soda water with lime wedges all night.
  4. 4. Eat when I get home if I'm hungry.

That's it! Just make a plan and you will be fine. Most friends are supportive, especially if you explain that you're doing it for your overall health and well-being, not just to lose weight as some fad diet. My go-to excuse is, "I can't sleep when I eat wheat and sugar. I need to be able to sleep."

I doubt that sirloin was grass fed but it was my best option.

You know you don't HAVE to eat grass-fed on Whole30, right? I certainly don't. Ain't nobody got $$ for that. :) Hang in there, this is slump time. You really do need to give it the full 30 days to know if it "works" for you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I've been painting kitchens, de-molding bathrooms, knocking out walls and... staying 99% on plan! I say 99% because I don't count it as 100 if I didn't cook it myself, and I had to eat out a few times. But I ordered salad, lettuce wrapped burgers, and grilled chicken so I feel pretty good about it.

I need a virtual high five! This weekend was tough.

What are we on, Day 11? How's everyone doing?

What are we on, Day 11? How's everyone doing?

Day 12! Doing great! I too had a couple of meals out this weekend, at friends'/family's homes, and both cooked compliant dishes for me! What a pleasant surprise. I was completely prepared to eat only what I'd brought myself. I find the biggest battle in this area is getting people to be 100% forthcoming with everything that's in their dish. "A little bit of honey" or "a little bit of bacon grease" is a BIG DEAL SON; I need to know these things so I can make the right choice.

Wow, we are already on day 13!  I meant to log on over this long weekend and check in, but never seemed to make it in front of the pc. (typing on my phone isn't much fun)

I, too, had a couple meals out [after my Thurs night out] and it was fine.  It's all about talking to the waitress first and explaining my "allergies".  People seem more receptive to that, since they likely don't want to have a situation on their hands  ;)   Even though mine isn't truly an allergy, I feel that if we're paying to eat out, that it shouldn't be too hard to accommodate small changes -amirite?

Productive Sunday - kind of.  I made a recipe that I saw someone posted here for a breakfast casserole.  I have 4 servings out of it and will vary it for breakfast or lunch.  Sweet potato crust with eggs and spinach (and other spices).  It's like a quiche, just no traditional bread crust.  I had it today and it was VERY good.  Huge serving.  I was excited to have 4 meals taken care of.  Cooked up a few more things that day also, so my little fridge here at work is nice & stocked.  This will be my plan after the whole30 as well.  Planning, planning, planning.

Glad you all did well, even eating "out/away from home".  It sure was nice to sleep in 3 days in a row!  Back to the grind.

I made a recipe that I saw someone posted here for a breakfast casserole.  I have 4 servings out of it and will vary it for breakfast or lunch.  Sweet potato crust with eggs and spinach (and other spices).  It's like a quiche, just no traditional bread crust.  I had it today and it was VERY good.  

I want it! I want it!  

Will you repost that recipe?  

And GUYS.  I popped half a stick of gum in my mouth without a care in the world. It didn't even occur to me that it wasn't compliant until I threw it away about 2 min. later. ARGH.  It honestly never even crossed my mind, I never chew gum so it's not a topic I had looked up in the past.  I had a meeting and didn't want to breath them out.  But I just searched the forum, and it's a no-no.    :( I'm so sad about it, I guess that's what mindlessness gets you.

I am not "starting over" but I will extend my Whole30 by a few days.  Sugar is not usually a problem for me, so I don't worry about the sugar dragon coming back for vengeance, but still.  Dammit.

Doing well here also...smeredith...can you share that recipe? Sounds delish! I thought the idea of eating anything other than oatmeal for breakfast was going to be so difficult, but I'm loving some of the breakfasts I'm making....zucchini noodles with sausage, peppers and guacamole....who would have guessed?

Anyway, I had an exciting discovery this weekend. Ate out on Saturday and by Sunday morning I noticed the stiffness and pain in my ankles was back.....when did it go away? I don't remember....but I hadn't had pain for a few days...hmmm.....so something that I ate...and it was a salad made from bagged iceberg with just the vinegar (white) and pepper....I didn't know what kind of oil it was so I just avoided that and I had prime rib....so it must have been something in the au jus. Now to figure that out! I did pick up a rotisserie chicken form costco on Sunday and have been eating the meat from that and instill have the pain.....so now to go back to clean eating for the next week and see if the pain ends again. I'm going to journal each day to see if I can find out what it is.....but it's great to know there is a cause other than old age! I'm super excited to figure this out!

There was a great recipe on here of a sweet potato crusted quiche. I made it this week and it was very good. It takes some prep prior but I got 4-5 M1's out of it. Here goes...
2med sweet potatoes shredded
1package chopped mushrooms
1package frozen spinach, thawed and dried well
1onion sliced
1dozen eggs
2T coconut milk
S&P to taste
Coconut oil
1c broth
Sautéed onions and mushrooms in coconut oil until browned and start to soften, add broth and simmer until tender and pan is dry. Set aside. Fry sweet potatoes until browned and crisp in coconut oil, pat into baking dish like a crust. Beat eggs, coconut milk and add seasoning, onions, mushrooms and dried spinach. Pour over crust. Bake 400 for 20-25 min until eggs are set. Allow to cool, slice into individual servings and refrigerate. Grab your container on the way out the door, microwave for about 90 sec. Everything you need in one meal...protein, veggies and fat!

Hi all - here is the recipe.  I hate mushrooms, so I didn't add them, but as I said - I really liked this and look forward to it being 3 meals over the next few days.  Woo hoo.

More tomorrow am, making a few meals right now and needed something to do (besides snack!) while meat is browning.

Ok, so day 14.  I have to say I'm finally discouraged.  I am wearing a skirt that I always wear and it doesn't fit ANY differently.  I am not giving up, but am not feeling that my changes are resulting in any weight loss.  I'm not a scale watcher, so I don't really care about it and am not tempted to even look.  I prefer fitting into my smaller clothes in the closet - THAT is concrete success that I feel.

Arggg...maybe I'm not eating enough protein?  I know I'm eating enough veggies.

Ok, back to work - hope you all are doing/feeling more positive than me.

Sorry to be Debby Downer.

Thanks for posting the recipe- I am looking forward to trying it!

I feel really run down the last few days, and I was expecting the BOUNDLESS ENERGY that was promised in the timeline.  I do feel more clear, and I am sleeping like a rock, and boyyyyy do the food dreams pay me a visit.  So, in some ways I am right on plan.  I, too, feel discouraged, but I am determined that my Tiger Blood phase is right around the corner.

Food has been tough- after buying our first home, money is extremely tight so my food budget is smaller than normal.  And I am almost out of food.  Which sucks.  Doing the best that I can, but I'm getting stressed to be so low on fresh produce, eggs, and pre-made meals.  One of my particular challenges is that I have a lot of anxiety associated with food shopping- I tend to be very compulsive and indulgent about it, so this lack of money/low resources shindig is really testing me.  I am getting through it with some creativity and discomfort... which is good, right?!  

Smeredith, if you post a few days worth of meals, I will take a look and give you my two cents.  But know that I am not fitting into my smaller clothes, either- I truly found last time around that those benefits hit me in the last two weeks, and not a day before.  Make sure you are getting enough water- that really helps!

Clarabelle, I wonder if you have a sensitivity to nightshades?  Tomatoes, peppers, etc.  I think the food journal will help clear it up, but my friend gets achey when she eats them.  I hope you're not, since they're delicious! :-)

Malie,  glad to know you are going strong! A coworker gave me a bite of pork loin that he swore was ok for me.  It was sweet... and when I asked him why, he said, "oh, that's just the brown sugar in the rub.  That's ok, right?"  NO. IT'S NOT OK.  So I feel your pain!

Ok, so day 14.  I have to say I'm finally discouraged.  I am wearing a skirt that I always wear and it doesn't fit ANY differently.  I am not giving up, but am not feeling that my changes are resulting in any weight loss.  I'm not a scale watcher, so I don't really care about it and am not tempted to even look.  I prefer fitting into my smaller clothes in the closet - THAT is concrete success that I feel.

Arggg...maybe I'm not eating enough protein?  I know I'm eating enough veggies.

Ok, back to work - hope you all are doing/feeling more positive than me.

Sorry to be Debby Downer.

Hang in there.  Remember, it's the Whole30 and not the Whole14. http://whole30.com/2014/01/whole30-tough-love/

If you want to get some feedback on whether you're on the right track, post 2-3 days worth of your food log, including amount of water you're drinking, hours of nightly sleep you're getting, and exercise in the Troubleshooting section. Folks here can give you feedback on possible tweaks. 

I agree with the above, that in my last two Whole30s I noticed the difference in the first week and then in the last week. Those middle two can be discouraging in that respect, but are encouraging in so many other respects — are you sleeping better? Staying full longer? Experiencing less gastrointestinal distress? Fewer headaches? Those are MAJOR wins.

Pretty happy to have made it through yet another social event this evening, a BBQ at our house. I ate my burger topped with homemade guac and salsa, veggie crudités, and watermelon. I avoided chocolate cake, tortilla chips (the hint of lime ones — past favourite!), rice krispie squares, taquitos, beer, wine, AND potato salad. Phewf.

Something I'm realizing this time around is how beneficial it is to practice being at these events around these foods WHILE on the Whole30 with its strict ground rules, to better equip myself to say no later on when I'm riding my own bike. Practice, practice, practice! Avoiding these situations on my Whole30 (which I did more of the last two times) leaves me at a loss for what to do when I'm in them and not on a Whole30.

I agree with the above, that in my last two Whole30s I noticed the difference in the first week and then in the last week. Those middle two can be discouraging in that respect, but are encouraging in so many other respects — are you sleeping better? Staying full longer? Experiencing less gastrointestinal distress? Fewer headaches? Those are MAJOR wins.

Pretty happy to have made it through yet another social event this evening, a BBQ at our house. I ate my burger topped with homemade guac and salsa, veggie crudités, and watermelon. I avoided chocolate cake, tortilla chips (the hint of lime ones — past favourite!), rice krispie squares, taquitos, beer, wine, AND potato salad. Phewf.

Something I'm realizing this time around is how beneficial it is to practice being at these events around these foods WHILE on the Whole30 with its strict ground rules, to better equip myself to say no later on when I'm riding my own bike. Practice, practice, practice! Avoiding these situations on my Whole30 (which I did more of the last two times) leaves me at a loss for what to do when I'm in them and not on a Whole30.

Thanks Malie - One thing I've REALLY noticed is how I stay feeling full longer.  I'm flabbergasted.  My past was eating every 3hrs, but maybe some of the eating was more boredom or thinking I needed something.  Now I'm really listening to my stomach and keeping the meals as meals.  No more grazing at work.

Also, I agree about the "practice" outside of my current comfort zone.  I was at a family graduation party, which house always has the chips and salsa and cheese and crackers prior to any eating.  I knew what food was going to be served, so I ate my meal at home prior and then had their cabbage salad with a nice dollop of guac and was happy as a clam.  In the past, I would never touch the guac because it's so "fattening".  My eyes are opened wide now.

We're halfway through!  YIPPEE! To celebrate, I made egg salad for breakfast with compliant pickles and homemade mayo.  It was SO IMMENSELY good.  I have not been staying full between meals that last few days, which I know is because I am having so much trouble forcing things down that I was not getting enough fat or protein.  This morning, though, I wolfed down three eggs and tea with coconut cream like it was nobody's business.  

Lunch is a hot dog (all beef, no sugar, local, humanely raised and pasture fed... no preservatives and uncured. Since I know you all were thinking it  ;) ), raw carrots and cucumbers, half a banana, and some leftover vegetable soup from two days ago.  The soup, by the way, is very good and was a grand way to use up old veggies that were threatening to get composted.

About 2-3 cups vegetable stock 

2 cups water

1/4 cabbage

1 pepper

1 eggplant

1 turnip, peeled and cubed

carrots

4-5 celery sticks, chopped

And whatever the heck else you feel like chucking in there.

Throw it in a crockpot with some pepper and salt, and let it cook overnight.  It has been saving me the past few days when eating was tough, I add some olive oil and can drink it when my stomach hurts.

Sorry for an overshare, but has anyone else been experiencing some gastro-intestinal upset the past week?  I am getting plenty of water and not eating anything crazy spicy, and getting plenty of fiber, so not sure what the problem is.  Is this a part of my reset?  I don't recall it being this intense last time, nor coming so late in the game.  Any feedback is appreciated :)

Smeredith, I made the quiche last night and it was GREAT! I didn't have broth or coconut milk, so I did it without and added peppers and onions, and dry mustard for some spice.  Still very moist and even the hubby like it.  

He is NOT a Whole30 believer, so whenever I feed him a compliant meal and he likes it I raise my fist in victorious triumph.  So far, he liked the mushroom egg cups, the chocolate chili, stew, tacos, and the quiche.  I also made a modified chicken piccata and served it with broccoli, and he gave that the thumbs up too.  That's pretty good!

Anyone feeling AMAZING yet?  I am battling a very minor headache... I think the butcher may have been wrong about the ham I purchased for the quiche being sugar-free, I am going to call him later to verify.  I wish I grew/raised my own everything so I don't have to take people's word for it.  That is probably the most frustrating part in all of this for me.

Anywho, happy day 16!  We are over the hump and headed downhill to Happyland!

BecFreeby - I cannot believe it, but I am now back/good re: GI.  I don't know what happened, but once I passed day 14, I am a new person.  Things are more like they were before the Whole30.  I don't know what could be causing your mid-30 issues.  That's totally opposite of mine.  Hopefully someone can chime in.

Very glad you liked the quiche (and hubby too).  I don't think it tastes a whole lot different from a regular quiche, except the crust, but this one is much better IMO anyway.  And I wonder about the ham.  I didn't add any additional protein, so I couldn't tell ya, but could it be the sweet potato?  Except those are natural sugars....hmmmm.  Well I definitely liked not having to deal with breakfast for 4 days in a row, so I will make the quiche again.  Anything I can do to shorten food prep during the week is a plus.

Onto another day :) !

I am feeling pretty good . My relationship with food is absolutely changing. No cravings at all. In fact I am already thinking about doing another Whole30 with only about a week off. And I am not even sure what I would care to have that week that's not compliant . Reading It Starts with Food definitely helps. After realizing how different foods effect people I simply don't want them. I don't have tiger blood by any means but I'm guessing that is largely because I am pregnant and it's my first Whole30. I doubt I am losing weight although I very much need to and it's early enough in my pregnancy , I'm at 5 weeks today, that I think I could still shed excess weight in healthy way. I'm about 40 lbs overweight. Anyhow I love chicken piccata can I get that recipe ? Most of the recipes I have tried I haven't really liked but since I'm eating for fuel rather than other things it hasn't been heartbreaking. My husband will eat anything I serve him as long as it's not spicy so that's nice. I started this on the day that I did so I would finish the day before our anniversary and today I was telling my husband that while we can go to dinner and I won't have to worry about Whole30 compliance I also dont feel like a meal needs to be a part of how we choose to celebrate. I feel like that's huge as my main reason for doing this is to change my relationship with food, so I think that is a sign it is working Yay! I realized in the last year or so that my parents taught me that you show affection through giving people food and treats that they like or eating together so of course I thought accepting food or eating with people has to be done, No More!

Hi all! Just got back from an overnight trip and had a tough time - was able to avoid all the goodies, the wine, the ice cream....but meals were a real challenge! I brought a few things with me but didn't have a cooler, so filled the ice bucket in the room to keep the stuff I did bring cold. I brought some sweet potato hash browns but decided they weren't that good cold.....wish I had thought to wrap them in foil....then I could have used the iron to heat them up...next time! (I tried the hair dryer, but since they were shredded they were flying all over the bathroom!). The hotel had a buffet breakfast....well, they had scrambled eggs that I could eat. I was really glad I had lots of fresh veggies along and brought a small bottle of oil and vinegar. Lunch today was lasagna, chicken Alfredo, salad and French bread.....since it was a buffet, I filled my plate with the salad, picked out as much chicken as I could in the Alfredo and supplemented with my veggies. the little bit of Alfredo sauce that was on the chicken really gave me problems about an hour later! I was glad to get home by 5 so I could make myself a huge dinner! And actually can't wait to cook my own breakfast tomorrow! I was complaining to myself last week about the amount of time I'm spending in the kitchen...both cooking and eating....but after 4 meals away from home (with not many choices...food was prepared for us - altho all were buffets) I'm so happy to be back home to my own kitchen! And I can't wait to make a trip to costco tomorrow to fill the fridge once again!

My piccata recipe was easy, and very good!

4 TBSP ghee or clarified butter

2 cups chicken broth

2 TBSP capers

1/2 med. onion

2 TBSP chopped parsley

Juice of one lemon

Whatever veggies you like- I did mushroom, tomato, and olives.

Melt the better, add the onions and capers, and let it cook down a bit. Add the broth and lemon juice. Let it bubble.

Meanwhile, dredge chicken in egge wash and almond flour. Cook in coconut oil, and add to the piccata sauce. Also add mushrooms, olives and tomatoes, and parsley. Once it's thickened, serve it up and enjoy!

Brea, congratulations on your pregnancy!  That is very exciting :-)

I managed to stay compliant this weekend through moving and having no kitchen.  I grilled a LOT to make up for it, which was kind of fun.  I found some compliant guacamole and salsa at Trader Joe's, and some sweet potato "chips" that have been making my crunch-loving self quite delighted.  Definitely eating them in moderation, and I eat plenty of regular sweet potatoes so I promise I am not replacing real vegetables with them.  They are handy when my oven and stove are out of commission.

I also made a huge batch of chicken curry with tomatoes, okra, onions, and turnips that has been seeing me through some otherwise limited option meals.

I feel great today!  Very clear, focused, and alert, and I have been sleeping so well.  I am doing the best I can to get plenty of water, but I have been behind due to not having potable water at the new house yet.  Ahhh, homeownership.

How is everyone feeling? I think this is day 19, so go us!  Only 11 more days to go!

Thanks Bec. We have been trying for 3 years so we are pretty excited though it seems a bit unreal being so early and all. As for whole30, I feel good but I'm sick of recipes! Pretty much every recipe I try is a disappointment. The leftovers pieced together have been the best meals.

Hi there - haven't been on for a few days.  Glad to read everyone is still hanging in there, despite inconveniences (not having a kitchen - oh my - I can't imagine).  Day 19, wow, yes only 11 more to go.  

Great news Bec, and I know what you mean about recipes.  The only one I've done more than once now is that sweet potato crust quiche, because (for me) it was foolproof.  Netting 4 days of breakfast is such a relief for me.

So, I am thinking of trying to do a whole45+, as I have a wedding to go to July 4th and I'd really like to attend in a different frame of mind - not eating through it, but enjoying it in a different way.  It will have been a long time since seeing lots of friends (and family).  

On a REAL positive note, I went to see my endo last week and my lab results were extremely better than my last check up 3months ago.  I am convinced that eating gluten-free AND implementing Paleo was the reason for the change.  That is even more motivation for me to keep this as a lifestyle change, not a "once in awhile" diet.  My thyroid still isn't where it should be, but it is on the way to getting there, faster (I'm certain) than the pace I was going at with mediocre eating.

2 more things - my digestion is on day 5 of being back to normal, so yet another reason not to fall off the horse.  My system knows what its being fed and likes it now.  Lastly, I broke down and bought a Groupon for a paleo-prepped food service.  It's only for 5 days (lunch/dinner), but I'm looking forward to not having to think about L/D starting tomorrow.  I got to pick out what meals I wanted, so there's no reason for me not to enjoy it.  There's no way I could afford the real price, but I figured, why not try it.

Take care.

My congrats too Brea!  what a great way to start a pregnancy!  

and Bec - good for you for staying compliant thru a weekend with no kitchen!  yikes!

smeredith - my kids have talked about those paleo meals - I'd love to hear your feedback - I thought they were expensive!  I usually help cook for them but we haven't had time in a few months.  

so anyone want to share some recipes?  I have a couple that I've made numerous times and just love - one is for a sweet potato noodle fajita - from the Insprialized blog.  (Hope this link works!)

http://www.inspiralized.com/2014/03/18/foil-pouch-sweet-potato-noodle-chicken-fajitas/

the seasoning mix is awesome - I doubled it the first time and store in in my spice rack - just made a bigger batch of it this weekend.  I use it in my breakfast bowl (sauted peppers, zucchini noodles, 2 homemade breakfast sausages, topped with avocado)  I usually have lots of precooked proteins in my freezer, so just pulled out a couple packs of sliced chicken to make it.  my daughter made it with seasoned ground beef that she had in her freezer.  oh, and I didn't put the avocado in it - I prefer that cold and chopped up on top after I take it out of the oven.  on a hot day, I just cooked it in a big electric fry pan instead and it was just as good.  I would think you could toss the foil packets on the grill too!

another recipe i really like is a this breakfast casserole - (I use ground pork instead of ground beef, because I like the texture of it better and found a small can of compliant green salsa verde.  I omit the jalepenos also.)  I've made this recipie for years for my paleo kids...

http://everydaypaleo.com/southwestern-frittata/

the last one I've made alot and love having is breakfast sausage - just shred up an apple and 1/2 onion, saute till soft.  let cool and add about 1 tbls of sage and some salt and pepper.  add to 1 lb ground turkey and mix well.  at this point, I always fry up a small patty to check for seasoning.  if you like it, then make the rest into whatever size patty you want and fry till cooked thru. I put these on  tray in my freezer to freeze individually and then can pull out one or two as needed.  I use these in my favorite breakfast bowl.

the thing I noticed is not how long I'm cooking, but how much more time I need in the morning to eat!  (I used to just eat in the car - or at my desk)  so that's an adjustment for me...adding 15-20 minutes to my morning routine!  but I feel fantastic and can't believe we're on day 20.  I too think I'm going to keep going....altho I am curious and want to add some things (wine!) in gradually to see if I can pinpoint what it is that bothers me the most from my pre-whole30 diet.  I'll be travelling to a family wedding on the 21st of June - so 5 days away from my kitchen might be difficult to stay compliant, but I know I'll look good!  my pants are very loose right now and I've had my kids comment on my midsection being thinner - which makes me very happy!

well, off to lunch...

You guys, I have a confession... I am having a torrid love affair with my grill.  It's out of hand.  

Whew, I'm glad I got that off my chest, so I can get back to eating grilled chicken and veggies for breakfast.  ;)

Seriously, though, it is saving my a$$. I grilled a bunch of chicken and veggies last night (sweet onions, asparagus, peppers, mushrooms) with nothing but olive oil, hot chili sesame oil, and pepper, and boy howdy has it been rocking my boat.  I chopped all the leftovers up and scrambled it with an egg and let me tell you, I may never eat a better meal in my life.  Dare I say that I am over the egg hump? 

Happy to also report evidence of TIGER BLOOD!  My brain is like a whole new world, full of weirdness and formerly unmet efficiency.  It's a beautiful thing.

Anybody else here from the PacNW?  If so, hit up the Laughing Planet's Paleo Bowl and enjoy the ensuing heaven to the utmost.  You're welcome in advance.  That place should be the official restaurant of the Whole30.  At first glance, most of the meals aren't compliant (lots of brown rice and beans/tofu), but they can customize anything and they have pasture-raised, organic and local meat sources and they get all the veggies seasonally and locally as well.  So you can just say "hold the rice and beans, and surprise me with any local veggies you have" ... and they will.  And it's divine.  They do use safflower oil, but sparingly, and I put in a strongly worded request that they switch to coconut oil ASAP.   

How are we all feeling, fellow May15th-ers?

I'm jealous! A restaurant with paleo food? How lucky! I'm afraid I must cook for myself (and others...)

It would be so nice to go out to eat occasionally and know the food was compliant!

So have any of the rest of you stepped on a scale? I will admit that I have.....I know it's not about losing weight, but my pants are falling down! I know I've lost weight and needed to know the number...(before W30, I weighed myself every morning!). Funny thing is, if you asked me, I would have thought I had lost more weight based on how I feel and how my clothes fit...so that tells me the number isn't important....how I feel is! (And when people have noticed - that helps too!)

I haven't stepped on the scale, but I hate them and try to avoid them at all costs.  My clothes do fit better, and I feel so much better that I don't feel like I need to.  I will weigh myself at the end, because it is an interesting benefit, but that's one of the rules that is easy for me to stick to. One thing that I did notice last time around is that the inches fell more quickly than the pounds... that's how you know the changes are good for you!

I am so glad that your body is changing in such positive ways!  It's crazy how validating it is, isn't it?

And re: the restaurant, I am from the Willamette Valley in Oregon, so I am very blessed to live in a state full of people who adhere to lots of paleo principles by default.  Vegetables are a culture here, and farmers markets quality weekend outings.  Sustainable meat is so easy to find, and we are next to the ocean so our seafood choices are plentiful.  I really am lucky, because it makes all of this so much easier.   I think it's the only reason I am surviving without a kitchen. That, and my new best friend Weber ;-) 

Brea, how are you doing with morning sickness and fatigue?  Do you think that the Whole30 is making all of that a little better for you?

Archived