Brand new - starting May 15th

drhobbs

So have any of the rest of you stepped on a scale? I will admit that I have.....I know it's not about losing weight, but my pants are falling down! I know I've lost weight and needed to know the number...(before W30, I weighed myself every morning!). Funny thing is, if you asked me, I would have thought I had lost more weight based on how I feel and how my clothes fit...so that tells me the number isn't important....how I feel is! (And when people have noticed - that helps too!)

I really really really REALLY recommend breaking up with your scale... PERMANENTLY. I haven't weighed myself since December for my driver's license, and it is one of the most mentally healthful things I've done body image–wise. Seriously. REALLY.

It just does. Not. Matter. WHAT the scale says.

http://whole9life.com/2013/04/repost-break-up-with-your-scale/

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes.... This morning I woke up and feel like I'm ready to be done! Over! Finished! The thought of making eggs....ick! I just wanted a bowl of oatmeal(haven't thought about oatmeal in weeks!).added to that was my husband's comment last night....exactly what day are you on of this 30 thing? ( hmmm.....his subtle way of telling me he's tired of the food I'm making and wants to go back to the old days.....well, I didn't tell him I really think I'm going to focus on paleo and continuing this style of eating and cooking). I think part of it was I haven't cooked a real dinner in a few days since I've been gone every night this week...so I suggested we get some steaks out of the freezer for tonight - that perked him up!

Today I just feel blah.....where' stat tiger blood when a person needs it?

And I'm not giving up....just made myself a yummy egg-less breakfast and I'm getting ready to pack my lunch. Stopping at Costco after work for more peppers, sweet potatoes and whatever other veggies catch my eye....I need a little variety too...

Hope everyone else is having a better day!

Hi all – I'm jealous too about the paleo restaurant BecFreeby.  I think I've read in a blog or 2 of a few places in the US where the owners follow it, so their restaurant does as well.  None in my area.  I did see that Costco has a 10# online special for their grass-fed beef, and I have a colleague who regularly orders it and says it really tastes different than the “other†stuff.  That may be an option, just am not sure how I would fit that in my overstuffed paleo freezer (hee hee).

The Groupon paleo-food service thing…um, it's not that great.  I had the thai chicken wrap yesterday (didn't use the sauce, because I didn't make it), and the portion size was miniscule.  I had to supplement both the protein AND the veggies with stuff I had on hand.  I saw the red snapper entrée in my fridge and that portion looks a bit better, but (again) the veggies are basically non-existent.  I'll just add to it tonight. At least I know what you get for the high price, which is why I will not be ordering from them at the full-price.  Um nope.  Sorry.

Scale – nope on that too.  I thought that was one of the non-compliant things to do during whole30.  Sorry to be a rule-follower, but I actually had my husband put it away in the garage because I didn't want to be tempted.  Believe me, I have been tempted as late because I've grown more frustrated than my Day14 Debby Downer post.  Seriously, my stomach is more protruding/pouchy :angry: than when I started this and my clothes seem tighter.  I know I've read others saying this as well in one of the forums, but I thought…oh my “holding onto it†period should pass soon – right?  No it hasn't.  But, again, I'm not getting off the bike.  I'm on it for another 9 days, and will re-evaluate again.  This morning just really irritated me with the snug pants I have on, and I thought to myself “I am going to do whole45??† Not so sure about that.

I'm glad others are seeing a change :) .  I already mentioned my labwork has shown the change in my new ways, I just was wishing my clothes would as well.

Today is Friday eve, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Believe me, I have been tempted as late because I've grown more frustrated than my Day14 Debby Downer post.  Seriously, my stomach is more protruding/pouchy :angry: than when I started this and my clothes seem tighter.  I know I've read others saying this as well in one of the forums, but I thought…oh my “holding onto it†period should pass soon – right?  No it hasn't.  But, again, I'm not getting off the bike.  I'm on it for another 9 days, and will re-evaluate again.  This morning just really irritated me with the snug pants I have on, and I thought to myself “I am going to do whole45??† Not so sure about that.

I'm glad others are seeing a change :) .  I already mentioned my labwork has shown the change in my new ways, I just was wishing my clothes would as well.

Today is Friday eve, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Are you keeping a food log? I'd love to see if I can help you out in any way. 

Clarabelle, don't stress it- you are right on phase with the food boredom in the timeline.  Do exactly what you're doing- try to mix it up and keep yourself motivated.  I'm not kidding, I had a sausage, guacamole, and cucumber and carrots with mixed fruit for breakfast yesterday.  I am a BIG fan of the eggless breaskfast.  You're doing awesome, so keep it up!  Don't cheat yourself out of tiger blood.

I am also going to extend my whole30 and just continue through the summer.  I will stop for some trips and two weddings (only the two I have deemed worth stopping for; my BFF and my cousin) but otherwise I am enjoying myself and don't have the overwhelming urge anymore to add things back in.  Soy and sugar, for example, and most alcohol have not been temptations this last week.  I think grains will be on the "limited" and "special occasions" list, and dairy might be an occasional add in. I love yogurt and cheese- but I will leave out milk, cream, and will replace it in recipes with other items.

Anyone thinking about re-intro yet?  What will you introduce?

And Malie, I second your thoughts on the scale.  I decided long ago that the only thing the scale indicates is mass, which is just a number and nothing more.  Weight is not an indicator of health.  A pound of brick and a pound of lard weigh the same, but their composition could not be more different.  It is so liberating to cast out the scale.  I don't even own one... I used my friend's before starting my Whole30 and that was only for scientific purposes. 

They have a place, of course, especially if you have to keep your weight for a reason (work, doctors orders, etc.); but if you just keep it as a method of determining how well you are doing, then I say to HELL with it! Your body and mind can tell you that without a number behind it. I say this in a totally non-judgmental way, because I know we all have our different reasons and priorities for doing this, and healthy weight is a totally acceptable motivator.  I just urge you to consider life without it :-) 

I have not weighed myself but that is not really a challenge for me as the last few years it has only been a growing number and therefor a trigger for depression. I am interested to see if I've lost any weight but since I'm pregnant I'm definitely not going to be focusing on the scale changing but rather on me changing. My face seems thinner so that is nice. I was thinking about taking off a week and then doing another 30 days finishing up just before a vacation to New Orleans with my sisters family but as I started reading the reintroduction suggestions it seems if I'm not going to take 10-15 days I mine as well keep going until I have a couple of weeks to work through reintroduction. So I think I will go ahead and work through the reintroduction immediately following to see what I learn and then just focus on what my new normal will be, well while pregnant at least. I'm still only doing the 3 meals most days because I'm not hungry in between but that is very strongly related to me being so tired! I don't have the energy to be hungry! I am guessing it would be worse if I wasn't on Whole30. I have been telling all the people that are worried I'm on a "diet" while pregnant that first of all it's not a diet and second of all I promise it is better for me and my baby than what I normally eat. I'm kinda scared to go off the strict guidelines, it's so great not to have cravings and to not feel like food has an inappropriate power over me. There are many things I have no desire to reintroduce but I've done cleanses before and felt this way and then a few month so later have found myself eating those things I thought I would never even want to eat again. My Achilles heel is breakfast tacos which thankfully are protein packed but there is a serious lack of veggies and there is that delicious fresh tortilla... I really hope that tortilla is still my friend when reintroduced. I will give up bread for life no problem but please Lord not the flour tortilla ! When I think about eating out after this I am trying to envision any place that even offers a good serving of vegetables, so many places sides are some form of white potatoes, corn, fruit, beans or a fried veggie. Ofcourse there is salad but iceberg doesn't scream nutrition. I think continuing to get the right amount of veggies with each meal will be the hardest so I'm trying to think about how I will overcome that. I've decided I'm only buying whole30 compliant good food to have at the house, anything bad will hav to be single serving, nothing bad is allowed to take up space. I've noticed surrounding myself with good options makes it easier to choose them, duh right?! Lol. Anyhow, that's my spill for today.

Brea, I am so impressed that you are sticking through this despite the discomfort of early pregnancy- don't let anyone but your doctor talk you out of it!  You may not have the Tiger Blood, since your hormones are busy throwing a circus-themed party, but you will have the other benefits and your body will feel so much better at 12 weeks.  My sister is 27 weeks along, and eating mostly clean but she didn't want to dive into a Whole30 because she is very susceptible to hormonal changes anyway and was concerned about miscarriage if she shocked her system early on.  But, she feels amazing and has no regrets about avoiding fast food, processed junk, and sugar.  I hope you get more energy and start feeling better... but in the meantime, you have a little peanut to keep you motivated  :) Or should we say, a little sunflower seed... since peanuts are verboten?

Re: the tortilla- do you like cabbage?  I LOVE using cabbage leaves as tortilla replacements, they are crunchy and awesome with those breakfast burritos.  If you haven't tried it yet, let me know what you think.  I love tortillas, so I definitely understand the attachment there.  If gluten does end up being an issue, you can try switching to corn tortillas, they are usually very easy to find as gluten free.  

I have been doing some eating out, and as long as you are careful about the restaurant, it can be done.  Ask for salads with raw veggies, or plain grilled fish/chicken/steak, most places have sweet potatoes this time of year, or you can bring your own veggies... if you're buying a steak, no server will give you a hard time for bringing in your own cauliflower or zucchini.  Undressed burgers are almost always safe... sometimes you can even add grilled onions or a fried egg for an extra tasty flare :-)  Or, order off the breakfast menu- fruit, eggs, and omelettes are better than nothin'.

What a difference a day makes! Last night I bought some steaks and grilled them, baked a sweet potato, roasted some cauliflower, carrots and asparagus. I realized I hadn't had any red meat in over a week! I actually feel so much better today! Had leftover in my lunch, sliced up on top of a great big salad. We're having one of those lovely nights here in the Midwest....(after torrential rains, hail and tornados yesterday). I got off work and changed and I'm sitting out on my porch, just listening to the neighbor kiddos playing, a few birds, and the inevitable lawn mower....but it's just nice to be out breathing fresh air....on days like this I'm thankful for ipthe inventor of wifi! Any other Friday night I would probably have a pitcher of sangria, but tonight I cut up a lime, some cucumber and tossed that in my water bottle....tastes pretty good!

This morning I shredded a rutabaga and made hash browns! They were yummy, but two eggs and the hash browns were not filling enough....I was really hungry by 11:30 ( and I usually don't take my lunch break until 1:00). But I made it thru and told myself the next time I make that for breakfast I'll need something more. I would have liked a banana with almond butter and coconut, but the bananas were too green for my liking....I really can't beleive we only have a week left! I'm really proud of myself for sticking it thru and journaling every day! I've listed my meals and sometimes my thoughts and feelings. It will be interesting to look back in a few weeks, months...or the next time I do a whole 30.

Well, time to go rustle up some dinner......Bec, I've never used cabbage leaves - gonna have to pick some cabbage up this weekend and try that....maybe make some slaw too! My mom used to make it with mayo and crushed pineapple - I think I can recreate it with my homemade mayo! I'm thinking some Pulled pork, homemade BBQ sauce, cole slaw on a cabbage leaf! Hmmmmmmm......I hope I get some cabbage in my Bountiful Basket tomorrow....(any of you west of the Mississippi heard of them? great co-op based fruit and veggie baskets for $15....never know what you are going to get...but always a great deal!).

Well, I've rambled on enough...hope all of you have a wonderful weekend! I'm going to relax, do a little shopping and cooking for this last stretch!

I went off plan today (it was planned, but as I'm continuing for the summer I am not concerned. I made ok choices and feel fine about them), and I have to say that sugar is definitely not worth the headache. Stuff tastes overly sugary and chemically to me... so gross. Won't do it again, because it wasn't worth it.

So, I will continue life without sugar. Gluten didn't seem to be an issue, but I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow :)

The chicken piccata was so good. Best Whole30 meal yet, thanks! And I'm now sick almost all the time. I had pretty much not been eating fruit but I'm having more now and it is delicious with the Texas heat and easy on my upset stomach .

Ok I'm seriously wondering if I can make it another 5 -6 days. The pregnancy sickness is in full effect . I felt dreadful and almost all food is repulsive. I don't think I can cook 3 meals a day for the next many days and I'm doing this by myself . My husbands idea of eating is potatoe salad from HEB and pop tarts so I don't think he has any idea how to help me

Oh Brea! I wish I could help! I remember those early pregnancy feelings...I realized quickly with my first pregnancy that I could NOT stand the smell of food cooking.....made me nauseous. So I learned to rely on foods that didn't take time to cook, salads sandwiches, etc. You need to feed yourself and the baby...so do what you have to do to get thru this time as easy as possible and know you can come back and do a whole30 after the baby comes and you are ready. I am an empty nester and I'm feeling overwhelmed some days with all the cooking....so I can't imagine what it's like for you. (My hubby is not on board but also knows if he doesn't like what I'm cooking, he can fend for himself!)

Keep us updated!

I've heard fruit juice can really help- maybe you can amend your whole30 to include smoothies for a few days? Also, try raw foods (carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, etc) instead of cooked. Maybe the smell is better? Ultimately, though, take care of yourself. Your baby is much more important than bragging rights.

Maybe some of the mama mods have words of wisdom?

After being lax this weekend, I have been fighting off a headache all day.  Which just proves that going back to my old way of eating is soooo not worth it!  I couldn't wait to come home and eat Good Food.  I love what we all are doing here, and I feel very proud to be a part of this community.

How does everyone else feel in the home stretch?

I can't believe we're almost done! I don't want it to end! I had the best dinner tonight, feel great and just want to continue....however, next weekend I'm off for 5 days to a family wedding out east.....so I'll be away from home and at the mercy of others for my food....so I think I'll start the reintroduction this weekend and get a few things put back that I know'll be eating. I think I'm going to introduce dairy first - so over the wedding weekend I'll be able to grab a Greek yogurt since I think that might be one of the easier items to pick up at the airport/hotel....one thing that I'm keeping as my mantra is a paraphrased quote from the book....the food you eat can either make your more healthy or less healthy....there is no in-between.....that is something I'm definitely going to remember.

Clara, I totally understand how you feel!  So I decided not to stop... I am going to relax the rules for certain pre-determined special events, but otherwise this is going to be my new normal. I am happy, I feel amazing, and I don't see a reason to go back.  I will re-intro to figure out my "hard stops", as you are, and to know what I can grab when I have absolutely no other options, which I really don't see happening often. 

For your wedding, bring some Lara bars, carrots, avocado, tuna fish, fruit, nuts, and pre-made cooked asparagus, sweet potato, etc. so that you can have a small meal before you go somewhere and making tough choices will be easier.  Most hotels have a little fridge and microwave, so maybe that will help you some.  It definitely helped me this weekend when I was in a similar situation.  And if not, then do the best you can, enjoy the food, feel good about the experience, and come home and take back control.  You'll do great!

Brea, how have you been feeling?  Has the morning sickness continued?  Malie, how are you? 

I'm feeling terrible.  I have all day sickness and the only thing that isn't repulsive is frozen grapes.  I have some crackers and pretzel goldfish on hand that i plan to turn to if i actually start throwing up but I'm trying to hang in there through these final days.  Since all food is unappealing eating what i need for the health of the baby is really eating compliant foods so i don't see a strong case for giving up.  My doctor did say she would like me to take in dairy for calcium but I ate some oranges for that instead and she did add the disclaimer that my prenatals really do cover what i need if i am struggling with food.  

I am kinda scared how my body will react to the pretzels and crackers after 30 days with no gluten or preservaties and whatever else is in those but i have never had a known issue with gluten so i'm hoping i don't discover terrible side effects when it is reintroduced.  

I will reintroduce dairy second, likely yogurt.

I am also planning to go back and re-read why these are not "good foods" so i have a good understanding of what reintroducing them is reintroducing to my body.

okay i am setting myself up here apparently, as soon as I posted this i went to talk to my husband about trying to figure out what does not sound repulsive and suddenly pizza - the food that can singlehandly break every rule of the whole30 - didn't seem like a bad idea, same with breakfast tacos from the restaurant around the corner, i may not make my 30 days after all, i want to but i also just don't want to feel sick anymore and i can't figure out if eating something off plan is going to hurt more than help

i think i'm going to have him go get a papa murphys pizza without cheese to at least have as an option, everything may not be farm fresh and the garlic sauce and crust won't be compliant i'm sure but at least i might be able to take in protein and veggies, i'm so conflicted, i don't want to quit early but i've been sick almost constantly since Friday and every food i think off other than this pizza or taco make me cringe just at the thought.

I need some help, any thoughts? maybe i will repost this on a pregnancy chain too 

Brea, I am so sorry- I can't even imagine how miserable this must be for you.  You definitely need to eat, and if pizza is what you can stomach then maybe you could try this:

Cauliflower crust pizza (check pinterest), compliant sauce (or as close to as you can find), a tiny bit of dairy as a binder since your doctor recommended it, and lots of veggies that are easy to digest?  Or, you can try pesto or olive oil with garlic in it as sauce?  Then you are getting the same ingredients, but you don't have to stress about introducing really awful/challenging ingredients all together.  You should do the gluten free crust, if the cauliflower is a no-go, because that might be less inflammatory on your system.

I think you would be surprised at how hard all three (cheese, gluten, sugar) will be for you... not to mention that Papa Murphy's probably uses preservatives that would be extremely rough on you at this point.  I think you have every reason in the world to modify the plan to meet your medical needs, but I don't know if jumping off completely will actually make you feel better.  Never having been pregnant myself, I wish I could help you more.  I just know smoothies really helped my sister, as did anti-nausea suckers.  

Did your doctor have a recommendation for an anti-nausea medicine that you can consider?

I think we need moderator input on this one.

I'm officially giving up the second half of day 27 :-(  I'm hungry for the first time in days so I'm going to eat the only thing that sounds good before i start feeling sick again, which is a breakfast taco. I may regret this but so be it, pregnancy is not the time to fight with my body and mind like this.

Hey Brea, I hope the taco made you feel better and helped calm the nausea some.  I was reading that keeping a little something in your stomach throughout the day can help stave off the worst of the sickness.  So, maybe now that you found something you can eat when super sick, you can continue to keep yourself somewhat "full" by eating closer to the Whole30 and see how it goes. Just a thought I had last night that I wanted to share, in case it helps you.

If not, I personally give you a hearty round of applause for sticking it out as long as you did under the circumstances. You are strong, and now you are healthier than ever and giving your baby a great nutritional beginning- BRAVO!  I am so proud of you!

As we all near reintro, I would love to hear the planned foods, what you are nervous about, excited about, etc.  I am nervous about soy- I will try a tiny bit, but I know from the past that it is not a happy thing for me.  I might skip it altogether.  I am also nervous about gluten, but will start with less starchy items and go from there.

I am SO EXCITED for cheese!  It is the one food that kept popping back up in my life as the thing that I missed the most.  I resisted it completely, so I am not worried about it becoming FWNB.

Sugar... makes me feel like crap.  I already know this.  I think I will do my best to limit the processed sugar, and stick to natural options (honey, agave, cane sugar) when possible.

Hello everyone - sorry I've been out of touch.  I read through our pages at night on my phone, but it's really too hard to type updates on it. I had been checking in on this during my lunch hour, but decided that it is counter-whole30 to eat at my desk.  So I've been warming up my food and eating in a breakroom.  My food seems to "last" longer this way.  Today I wanted to be able to type, so here I am.  Sadly, I did scarf my food, but I won't again.  I truly enjoy being away from my desk.

It's hard to believe that we're just 2 days away.  I feel as though it has almost become a habit now, but I'm not sure if I'll continue on to a whole45 as I had planned.  Mainly because I haven't seen any physical results that I was hoping for.  I do know it is possible, maybe just not for me in a whole30 time frame.

Brea - you are amazing for going as long as you did.  You have been such a trooper and I don't know if I could have stuck with it when faced with so much sickness.  I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes more smoothly.

Bec - I'm nervous about sugar.  I really enjoy my 1x week Yogurtland trip and think that I will reintroduce it, but opt- as much as I can - for their no sugar added flavors.  I'm sure they're adding some other crap, but I really just miss it.  I don't know about cheese. I LOVE cheese, but haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.  Gluten has been out since Thanksgiving for me, so I probably will keep it out, since there are so many restaurants that cater to it now.  I've learned how to sub potatoes & rice, so I'll continue that.

Back to work.  Hope everyone has a great day 28!!

As we all near reintro, I would love to hear the planned foods, what you are nervous about, excited about, etc.  I am nervous about soy- I will try a tiny bit, but I know from the past that it is not a happy thing for me.  I might skip it altogether.  I am also nervous about gluten, but will start with less starchy items and go from there.

This time around, I am aiming to do more focused reintros to really drill down on a handful of things. First one will be sugar—just sugar, no gluten or dairy with it, in a few different forms. I really want to pinpoint what sugar specifically does to me, outside of how I would normally consume it in baking or ice cream. Then I want to try soy and white rice individually. If circumstances permit, I may try to nail a couple other things down too, but those three are my priority.

Today is day 30! I can't beleive it! First, that I completed a whole30! Second, that I journaled every meal, snack and how I felt. Some things that have changed for me....

1. I am sleeping so much better, waking on my own without an alarm and happy to get out of bed, not grouchy in the morning anymore. I've actually beat my hubby out of bed several times lately and had the coffee made before he's woken up.

2. I don't crave sugar or junk....I know if I'm going to have a treat it's going to be on my terms.....is it special, is it worth it? And then I will truly enjoy it and not scarf it down

3. I'm proud that I was able to abstain from alcohol for 30 days....I come from a family with alcoholic tendencies and I know I was drinking far too much....the minute I walked in the door from work I opened a bottle of wine - which sometimes I finished that night (which probably led to poor sleeping!). I know I needed this for the alcohol alone.....knowing I feel great, have learned other stress relieving factors and have changed my habits after work is probably one of the most important things for me. I generally eat healthy, cook most my own foods, so the program was not difficult for me (other than breakfast and getting the plateful of veggies!).

4. I can see with open eyes the way the majority of Americans eat Which is so SAD.....but I can't change them. I can be enthusiastic about the whole 30 and what it has taught me, but I need to refrain from preaching....share my story(if asked) but don't judge. People need to make their own decisions on their health and well being. I need to remember that actions speak louder than words!

5. I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen! Not just cooking and preparing, but sitting down and eating my meals with no distractions(well, I haven't done that one as well...). As I continue eating this way (with planned additions), I need to do a better job of planning ahead, both with making a meal plan and preparing my food. I need to figure out how to intergrate this better with my husbands meals so I'm not cooking two dinners most nights! (My son and his wife are going to start a whole 30 in about 10 days...they are moving next week and will start after they are settled in). So I'm working on organizing my meal plan to give them some ideas and a plan. So going forward I want to have a meal plan that works for my household with maybe just a few additions for my dinner. (My dh doesn't eat breakfast and usually eats leftovers for lunch, so I just need to plan dinners that satisfy him and me!). It's a lot easier in the summer with grilled protein and veggies....but he loves all those carb-loaded casseroles and such. I just need to figure out a way to have some of that occasionally and keep him happy - but sneak more nutrition into his diet. This week I've made a bowl of fruit salad and put it in front of him and he ate it, but if I had offered it to him he would have declined. So I need to continue that strategy.

6. I don't think I lost any weight (maybe a pound or two) I was hoping for about 5! But in reviewing my food log, I realized I,ve eaten a lot (and I mean a lot!) of almond butter....I went thru an entire 18 oz jar in two weeks and bought another! There were days I was hungry so instead of adding more protein and veggies to my meal 1, I just ate a banana with almond butter and coconut each day. The first week/10 days I didn't do that and noticed a bigger change in my body. So in reviewing my food log I realize that the last week or so I was eating a lot more than I needed to - especially if I want some weight loss. Last night was a prime example - I know I had plenty to eat but there was one last banana on the counter getting ripe and it was either toss it or eat it....so I sliced it up, drizzled it with almond butter and topped it with a hand ful of coconut. I was sitting watching tv and just about to the end of the bowl when I felt extremely full...I didn't need that! It was not part of my meal, but a mindless snack! Day 29 and I still haven't learned!

7. I sure can ramble on.....sorry! I guess I'm thinking this thru and realizing what I have learned and what I still need work on. I've enjoyed these forums and getting to know you. I wish you all the best in the coming weeks as we move forward!

Clare

Clare – thanks for sharing! 

My thoughts:

·         30 days – wow, I don't think I've ever managed to stick to something this long.  Even when I did Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig years back, I always had a cheat here & there.  Last summer, I did a 6wk challenge at my gym.  I lost 15lbs during that challenge, but I was not super strict about my food.  I ate way more than 3x/day, etc.  And of course I gained that back plus another 5 once I started eating my usual staples.

·         MY NAILS!  I am amazed at how long and strong they've gotten.  I think I had read it in ISWF, or maybe in the forums/success stories – but this has happened to me, and there is no other reason for this.  I take the same vitamins I have forever, so it is clearly the food!  Yay.

·         Weight: We'll see what the scale says in the am tomorrow, but I'm pretty certain there isn't going to be any change.  I've been hoping for clothes-changing results, and haven't seen that with any of my usual clothes, so I'm not very hopeful.  In thinking about my food, since I didn't have any cheats or “snacksâ€, I'm chalking the lack of change to my thyroid.  While my labwork numbers have significantly changed since my last appointment, maybe there is still some “holding on†that my body is doing.  Trying to figure out what I'm doing to it and how long it will last.

·         PLANNING – yikes.  That was a huge stretch for me.  I am just not a food planner.  I surprised myself in becoming one this whole30 and rather like it. 

Congrats to all of you that made it through, including Brea who had the worst obstacles present themselves.  I wish the best to each of you if you do continue on.  I have a feeling I will see you here on the forums again soon.

Archived