Should I start over?

Today has been a day of intense anxiety as I'm making a huge career decision. I tried so hard to resist turning to food, but finally turned to the roasted chicken I had made and ate over half of it in one setting. I felt so full and bloated. I know this isn't healthy eating, even if it's whole 30 approved. I am still having difficulties tackling my emotional eating, but I feel like this may constitute starting over. Has anyone else felt this way before as well?

I know how you feel. Last week I had a lot of stress and ate more like a whole bunch of split meals instead of whole ones.

It is still hard for me to sit down and eat a whole meal in once (i have 2 small children) so sometimes I feel like I'm munching away the whole day. It is an issue, and I am paying attention to it. At first I was upset and thought I needed to start all over, but now I'm looking at it from a different angle: for me to get over these bad habits, it will take a whole 40 or 50 or 60....

This is my 2 cents, but I'm also a newbie here ;)

Congratulations on staying compliant! Did your meal follow the template? No. Did you eat chocolate cake or drink wine? No. Yeah! Don't beat yourself up, this is a learning process. You know you are an emotional eater and although you ate, you made better choices. Just think if you had a salad with olive oil dressing with your chicken you would have had a good whole30 meal.

Are you eating enough? That should help a lot. Good Luck!

Archived