Julia Child Caused Me to Join (Starting May 19)

NYCDiana

This has got to be a first: I decided to give Whole 30 a try as a result of looking for a Julia Child chocolate cake recipe on the web. My search took me to a lady's website where she had posted the recipe two years ago. Curious as to what she was doing now, I clicked on the main page - she had completed her 30 days on Whole 30 and lost 14 pounds! Wow.

I will admit up front that my main reason for doing this is weight loss, but secondarily I really do need to get my blood sugars down a bit. So sue me, I'm vain.

I lost quite a bit of weight 3 years ago but for the past year, it's really been a struggle.

My main problem is sugar addiction. I am a total stone freaking sugar loving addict. Mainly I eat it in the form of baked goods, which I make at home. I eat half and give half to friends, especially on walks and hikes.

I really responded to the "Tough Love" section. I've been through a lot in the last two years: two broken wrists, assorted other issues. I'm totally healed and healthy and ready to take control of my eating habits - so giving up unhealthy foods should be a cinch, right? Why is it that a day is so long to live through, but the months fly by in a blink?

Anyway, that's it for me. I'm cleaning out the pantry this weekend and starting May 19. Please if anyone out there is starting on that date, join me!

Welcome to W30! Lots of planning and preparation are key to long term success and sounds like you are off to a good start. Make sure you are familiar with the meal planning template and create yourself a log in the Your Whole30 section if you have not already. I started my 2nd Whole30 on May 12th so I'm just a week ahead of you. 

Thanks so much. I'm not sure what the log in the Your Whole 30 is. I'm not sure I want to log in and do a public food journal, and talk about my exercise habits at least not online.

This to me is about staying on course in a positive fashion, about gaining wisdom & serenity, and not about obsessing. (Of course, the plan is sacrosanct - no cream in my coffee!) - but I don't want to become obsessive.

PS I checked out the log section. I see what you mean. It certainly helps to keep you on target.

Thank you - I am really looking forward to this. My SA is truly burdensome and is beginning to affect my health. January 2014 I had bloods taken: my Ha1C was 6%. I got them down to 5.5% as of my last blood work (a few days ago) but they need to come down further. I am not satisfied with 5.5% Ha1c.

Hi Diana!  Welcome!  I started yesterday, the 15th, so I am just a few days ahead of you.  We can be buddies!  And, you got this.  All you need is healthy motivation and some self-control, and it sounds like you are ready.

There are great blogs with meal plans, recipes, tips, and how-tos; I highly recommend them, they are great.

Good luck!  

Archived