Not hungry and too tired for dinner (Day 4)

I'm on day 4 and I've been doing really well with following the meal planning guide and sticking to the rules (no SWYPO!) despite feeling really tired all day. After coming home from my 8am-5pm office job, for the past two days, I've been too tired to even make dinner, much less eat it. I've had some fallback foods (things I can eat w/o prep or pop in the microwave) ready to go too, and even those weren't enough to keep me awake long enough to eat. When I do go to bed, I don't even feel hungry!

I know I should push through and do my best to eat 3 full meals, but I really don't want to wake up face first in a sweet potato! Has anyone else just struggled to stay awake and functional at the end of the day?

I'm really sorry you're so tired, and I hope you'll stay persistent, because I promise you, it will get better.

If you're really not hungry and really can't eat a whole dinner, just take a few bites. As important as the food itself, it's essential that you train your body to stick to an eating schedule, so your hormonal and digestive rhythms will start to stabilize.

Keep going! I'm rooting for you.

Glenn has some good suggestions. Also consider you might be tired because you aren't eating enough food. Skipping the third meal for a couple days would make me sleepy and spacey for sure. I would try to make it happen just in case that food helps restore your energy and get you back in balance.

Archived