Rough day

milbran220

Yikes.  It's the middle of the workday and I'm feeling like I set myself up for making a poor choice.

Domino Effect:

Restless sleep last night

Forgot to grab breakfast AND something to supplement the "bad lunch" option I knew I'd have today

Breakfast was a banana and some leftover madras chicken salad

Lunch:  Jimmy Johns UNWICH- basically iceberg lettuce, "veggies"  some slices of tomato/cucumber  (totally unsatisfactory but it was the only option I had today and I realized at the last minute I had no idea how their meat is prepared/preserved so didn't want to eat bad stuff... knew I wouldn't have good options yet still forgot to bring anything to supplement that)  

And now nothing for at least another 5 hours.   (nothing meaning I don't think I have any Whole30 approved options for the rest of the work day)

Poor planning on my part... didn't help that I forgot to grab my real breakfast and didn't get sleep last night but it boils down to planning.

I might have to "break" and start over since plans to Zumba after work take precedence against eating perfectly.

Edited to add:  (Just to be clear... a break just means going and getting something that is pretty healthy but not Whole30 perfect so I don't crash and burn mentally and physcially later today)

(believe me... I feel a little silly for being so concerned about this problem... I keep thinking "first world problems"! or "middle class healthy eater problems" but I'm also a bit of a perfectionist so kicking myself)

I also could just not eat anything... millions have no choice but to do it... bleh.

(craving those pulled pork/avocado/lettuce/nori wraps I had last night)

Tough day indeed.

Something to consider: If you didn't get decent sleep last night, and with your stomach so relatively empty,  I'd suggest going for creating a decent Whole30 meal vs. getting to a Zumba class today.  I'm thinking a template meal will be better for you than a workout on little fuel and little sleep.

Tough day indeed.

Something to consider: If you didn't get decent sleep last night, and with your stomach so relatively empty,  I'd suggest going for creating a decent Whole30 meal vs. getting to a Zumba class today.  I'm thinking a template meal will be better for you than a workout on little fuel and little sleep.

Totally get that... skipping zumba is not an option because I have someone else counting on me.

honestly ( and I mean this in a NICE tone), if you are going to go somewhere just go to the grocery store and pickout whole 30 compliant medley of food. It takes just as long to run in and buy as it does going to fast food or wherever.

You can stick to it...you have to get creative sometimes.

Best of luck!

honestly ( and I mean this in a NICE tone), if you are going to go somewhere just go to the grocery store and pickout whole 30 compliant medley of food. It takes just as long to run in and buy as it does going to fast food or wherever.

You can stick to it...you have to get creative sometimes.

Best of luck!

Yes... my "options" are limited to what is in my building at work.

Hey there!  Next time you're at the store, pick up some almonds, lara bars, carrots and celery- I keep them at work along with hard boiled eggs for "emergencies" like yours, and it has totally saved me sometimes.  In the first few days, especially, when my blood sugar is readjusting, they help when my meal wasn't enough to get me through.  

I hope the Zumba class was awesome, and that you were able to get some protein in you :-) 

I so identify with your sentiments on feeling silly. When we step back and consider a larger picture, eating whatever is a luxury many first world people have. Your post was real, and not being prepared and then knowing you have to keep going is frustrating for sure, it's not the end all be all. I think Bec's comment above is the best advice. A goodie drawer and a wish that you enjoyed zumba!

I love the term 'unwich'! Totally stealing that.

Also get some tins of tuna in oil to have at your desk - last for ever and your never gong to eat them just because you feel like eating.

Archived