What brand spiralizer do you recommend?

Kmlynne

I have read so many recipes (online, in books, on this forum) about spiraled veggies and would like to try it.  There are so many kinds of spiralizers out there - plastic vs stainless, table top vs handheld, etc.

What is your favorite spiralizer - and why.  Are there any drawbacks to the one you are using (or have used)?  Is the quality good enough that it will last for a long time?

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vegetable-Fruit-Spiral-Shred-Process-Device-Cutter-Slicer-Peeler-Kitchen-Tool-/251422244846?pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item3a89eeffee#ht_5843wt_1141

I bought this one as I wanted to see whether I liked spiralled vegetables without spending a fortune. It works REALLY well and I have so far used it about 10-15 times and it's still woking beautifully. It has 2 thickness options for the spiraling and cleans real easy too!

If you're on a budget I think its perfect!

thank you for your input!  I decided to get the one Coco Nutter showed - just because of the cost.  However, I have Physibeth's on my amazon watch list!  If I find I am eating a lot of spiraled veggies, I will upgrade!

• 2 weeks later...

The main difference I have noticed is how much counter space they take up.  You can find ones that fit in your utensil drawers as well as large ones with many attachments. I like the smaller ones. This one is the one I use: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Easy-Veggie-Spiral-Cutter-Slicer-Peeler-Grater-Fruit-Vegetable-Garnish-HOT-AR/301097113821?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22472%26meid%3D7199616143065410960%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9725%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D251422244846

I just ordered one like Delaine linked to. It takes a couple of weeks before it arrives, but I'm excited to have one finally. I didn't buy one before because they all looked too big and I didn't know if I would end up using it or not. This one looks like a good one to start with :)

Love mine! A paderno paid about $35 for it from amazon and worth every penny! Then last week I was at a thrift shop and found a barely used one, just like mine for $3.99! I grabbed it for my daughter and she's loving it too!

Love it....favorite is zucchini, sautéed in ghee with a little garlic, and a squirt of lemon juice at the end? delish!

Has anyone tried the really cheap version of a spiralizer they are selling on TV now? I saw it at Walgreens and WalMart the other day and was tempted to get it since I wouldn't have to wait for delivery. But I don't want to waste my money!

This thread has been so helpful. I'm getting myself an inexpensive model to test out the whole "spiralized veggies" concept. I julienned some zucchini for 'Well Fed' pad Thai with my V slicer and I was not impressed--and also terrified of zipping my fingertips off!

I know. I have several times priced out a new mandolin with the fish filleting gloves people recommend and then it all gets too complicated and mired in Amazon reviews. This seems easier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, my cheap spiralizer from eBay is a total waste of money... it turns everything into mush instead of cutting it. The only thing it cuts somewhere like it promises is carrots, but the results are still nowhere near optimal.

I think I'm doing it right, it seems obvious how to use it so I don't think it's my fault. I hope to find something better for a not too bad price soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Paderno and adore it, but am probably going to pick up a Vegetti at BB&B with a $5 coupon, just for those times when I don't want to haul out the monster and just want quick and easy for one meal for one. 

However, it's summer squash and cucumber time at the CSA (6 pounds of cukes one week!) so the Paderno really should come out to play.  :)   It will for sure when I start another W30 on 8/1.

I got the Westmark one on amazon uk as the paderno one wasn't free shipping. And I like the colour :)
Use it at least once a week :)

The problem with the vertical is you have to cut the veggies to fit which is a pain.

Archived