Day 25 - Still feeling bloated

*Disclaimer - topic of discussion is not lunchtime friendly*

Hi All,

Before my whole 30 I was a very "regular" person. Daily at least, if not twice or three times.

I was anticipating slight constipation as mentioned in the timeline, I have been predominantley paleo since January so eating clean and only have a cheat moment here and there on special occassions.

Now I am on day 25 and still feeling pretty bloated, and am only having bowel movements every other day, and they aren't really even that...substantial.

Anyone else experienced this? Any advice? Would something like Kombucha help my movements and my bloating?

Are there any particular supplements that I could take? I prefer not to have to take supplements and just let the food do its thing but I am slightly uncomfortable (I cut out almonds 5 days ago after reading lots of people say that that was giving them some bloaty feelings - I only drank it in my coffee/tea anyway)

Do you take digestive enzymes? They can help. Are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in oz of water? That can help. Raw veggies can cause bloating, you might want to have cooked veggies for a few days and see what happens. You might want to post a few days of typical meals, maybe someone can spot something that can help. Good Luck!

• Moderators

You mention almonds and drinking it in your coffee tea, suggesting you were using almond milk. There are compliant almond milks available, but many on store shelves contain carageenan, a gut irritant. Was your almond milk with or without carageenan? That could explain some bloating. 

I hear that you have been largely paleo for a long time and were regular before the Whole30. However, we really need to see a report of what you have been eating lately to offer ideas about what you could do to become more regular.

In terms of supplements, Natural Calm, the magnesium supplement tends to cause diarrhea if you take too much and your body often has to adjust when you first start taking it. You might take Natural Calm to help get things moving as a short-term solution. 

Thanks Tina R and Tom

My Almond Milk is caraageenan free and compliant (after having to start over after day 1 :( )

Here is a sample of my last couple of days:

Day 1

Breakfast

2 scrambled eggs and handful of spinach cooked in coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of homemade guacamole, handful of steamed brocili

Lunch: Compliant Chorizo and Diced beef chili made with onions, peppers, spinach, courgette, mushrooms, chopped tomatos and spices

Pre work-out: Boiled Egg with a dollop of homemade mayo

Dinner: 2 slices of Pork belly cooked in homemade BBQ sauce served with roast carrots and courgette

Day 2

Breakfast

Same as previous but also a handful of strawberries

Lunch

Homemade Lamb Burger, 1 tbsp homemade guacamole, served with a mixed leaf salad, small handful of roast sweet potato cubes, beetroot, tomato and onions

Dinner

Nom Nom Paleo slow cooker chicken served with roast sprouts and sauteed green beans

Am I eating too much? I;ve been pretty good at not snacking at all inbetween my meals and if I feel hungry I serve up a bit of a larger portion. Maybe it's the water? When I'm at work I get through plenty but I tend to not drink anything past 7pm or I'm up in the bathroom all night?

Thanks

Archived