Thinking of Joining but nervous

howeys

Hi All

I have been directed to this challenge by my personal trainer.  I am keen to start but I am nervous and worried about slipping up and failing cause I like food.  When I am not aloud to eat certain things sometimes I crave them now.  Any words of advise?

I joined two weeks ago and I've learned so much. I did not make it through perfectly, but I plan to start again around the 9th of June and I intend to be religiously perfect to get the full benefit. For two weeks i've followed the rules (to the best of my ability which has not been perfectly, but the benefits are already seen. I love food, but your taste buds actually change. We're all amazed how sweet fruit tastes and how vibrant vegetables taste. My skin has gotten clearer and a lot of my body pain (muscle and joint has subsided).

Try to be prepared before you start. Find recipes you like. Cook some food ahead. Read the label of every spice (we've found oil in garlic powder and sugar in salt, to name a few). There is sugar or some nasty preservative in most bacon, sausage lunch meat and prepared foods. I like making a big pot of veggie soup with apple chicken sausage or ground chicken with spaghetti squash and freeze a little, so on the days you just can't face cooking another night, you have a fallback.

I hope when you're ready you try it. i bet it will take your training to a whole new level.

Hi All

I have been directed to this challenge by my personal trainer.  I am keen to start but I am nervous and worried about slipping up and failing cause I like food.  When I am not aloud to eat certain things sometimes I crave them now.  Any words of advise?

I like food, too. Most people here do. Just different, better-for-you food.  :)

I'm a big believer in trial runs. If you're nervous, try doing this for a few days without putting pressure on yourself. Use the time to plan, prepare, and research. Then, when you feel ready, set a start date!

Archived