Anyone else's family surprised by food on plate?!

wyoinap

My hubby doesn't get it!

Let me start by saying I'm a petite older woman who exercises regularly (low and high days)

The best thing about whole 30 is the FAT..I feared it for too long.

No more calorie counting for me if I can help it.

Anyway my plate is full at each meal and I enjoy every morsel of this on many days:

Palm to Palm and half of protein

2-3 cups roasted veggies (I heart veggies)

1/2 avocado

Coconut

I'm always comfortably full After each meal. He always says he could NEVER eat that much food (I'm not eating crap!) but yet he doesn't realize he orders app, entree and dessert and that's just as much but with lots of not so clean stuff.

Tired of explaining it so I just smile and eat. :-)

Anyone else experience this?

One of these days, take a picture of everything he eats and everything you eat during a meal. Then you have photographic evidence to show him the next time he makes the comment.  ;)

Boyfriend is always amused by how much I eat, but he wades right in there with me when he's here.  He said if I feel so much better, I must be doing something right!

I mean, my salad is literally a mixing bowl now!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Same here !! My husband keeps annoyingly telling me it's not normal to have vegetables with your breakfast !! Really Lisa what a silly diet !! I have give up trying to explain it to him so I grin and bare it but when I see what he chooses to eat its mad that he won't listen .

That's too funny!  I keep getting asked if I really like greens at breakfast!  Uh, yeah....

I've been making sweet potatoes, a huge pot of greens (kale, collard, turnip, mustard), and turkey sausage for the week's breakfast and have some every day.  I have a hard time deciding what to eat before my brain is fully engaged!

I'm usually eating grilled chicken and a salad fro brekky.. I get a lot of strange looks and comments! especially from coworkers!  But i'd take grilled chicken with avocado and a salad over bland weet-bix any day!!!

my hubby asked me what day I'm on (26) - we were having burgers on the grill on Saturday night.  I had 2 burgers topped with sautéed onions (in ghee), sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli and just for a little color, a hand full of grape tomatoes.  he had 2 burgers with fake cheese, on cheap white buns, a couple ears of corn and chips - and he turns to me and says, I'm worried about what you're missing!  huh????  I loved my meal - it was delicious, colorful, nutritious and filling.  and he thinks I'm missing the crap he's eating?  and the funniest thing - I was putting the cheese slices on his burgers to melt and I noticed one was a slightly different shade of color as the other - open the grill up 3-4 minutes later and one had melted nicely but the other slice just sat there - I brought them in to the house and showed it to him - picked off that piece of "cheese" and it felt just like a piece of rubber!  I said, do you really want to eat this?  he decided to toss that piece but we had a little conversation about "cheese" and what ingredients were actually in those individual slices he buys (I won't but it - he wants it, he has to go buy it himself!)  He's very naïve in some ways - at 60+ and a product of rural America, he thinks it's still made the way it was 50 years ago.  I grabbed the package and asked him how many ingredients he actually recognized.  he said, but it's cheese!  and I said, no it's not!  I'm trying not to preach to him, but lead by example....which is so hard sometimes!  but now he feels sorry for me that I'm missing out!  I think that is so funny!  I feel terrific - better than I have in years and do not plan on going too far off the whole30 plan - might add in a little dairy and some grains, but I really don't plan to change a whole lot. 

• Moderators

Same here !! My husband keeps annoyingly telling me it's not normal to have vegetables with your breakfast !! Really Lisa what a silly diet !! I have give up trying to explain it to him so I grin and bare it but when I see what he chooses to eat its mad that he won't listen .

Come on, husband! They've had veggie omelets on diner menus for many, many years now ...

I had 2 burgers topped with sautéed onions (in ghee), sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli and just for a little color, a hand full of grape tomatoes.  he had 2 burgers with fake cheese, on cheap white buns, a couple ears of corn and chips - and he turns to me and says, I'm worried about what you're missing!  huh???? 

Ha ha! I have "paleo" for almost three years and it's funny, I do not miss bread and all that other stuff at all (and I was a bread baker and dessert queen!). Your meal sounds fantastic compared to his!

:D

Archived