Day 17 - Almost pooped at the park...

On Day 17 of Whole30 and have been great until last few days. No previous bowel issues but as of late, when it comes it comes. Instant, need to run to the bathroom before I explode, type diarrhea off and on throughout the day. Had my kids at the playground today and actually had to throw them all in the car and drive to the closest restaurant to use the bathroom and honestly considered squatting behind a tree it was that bad! ...Been reading but seems most complaints are of constipation where mine seems to be opposite. Any insight?? Thanks!

• Moderators

I have had a similar problem the past day or two. I have been eating a lot of kale and a fair amount of thick kale stems (I hate to waste them). I figured my system was telling me to slow down on the volume of greens. That might be it or it might be one of those things that happens every once in a while that can't really be explained. 

I am so sorry to hear your story.  :(  I have been there, done that!  Struggled with situations like that for so long before I found Paleo, it was hard at times to even leave the house.  Caused so much anxiety over the years.

Have you been eating a lot of coconut?  That can do it!  Also, too many nuts/seeds or butters of these can cause gut irritation, for sure.  If it has just been in the past few days, I would think really hard about something new you've added or been eating a lot of.  Maybe keep a food log here, or at least on a notepad in your kitchen, so you can try to pinpoint it.  Good luck!

Thanks for the replies! Actually this week I started buying whole coconuts, drinking the juice out and then storing the flesh in the fridge. It's been my new thing coincidentally so you hit the nail on the head there. Thanks for the tip! I'll try to lay off this week and see if that helps. 

Archived