Day 7 and not feeling any different?

Ausgirl

Hi all

I am on Day 7 of my Whole30!  Very proud of myself and my husband for getting this far, and I know we will complete the full 30 days.

For the first four days (Mon-Thur) I felt amazing.  And frankly a bit smug.  The Friday hit and the wine habit hit me on Friday evening which I found difficult but got through.  On Saturday morning I could barely face breakfast and was a tad grumpy....  Today I am actually feeling good and positive again.

The thing is I am not really feeling any different to how I did a week ago.  When do people start to feel generally better, more energised, etc?  My poor husband has been having headache and a bad stomach for the last couple of days.  I know this these are not unusual but just wondering when the good stuff will kick in :)

Spending sooooo much time in the kitchen at the weekends doing food prep!  It is worth it as the food has been delicious and we don't have a lot of time during the week but I am looking forward to having slightly more time back at the weekend when this is finished.

Well done on getting through the first week! I think everyone is different so just go with it and you'll soon feel great. I'm on day 13 and feeling pretty darn good energy wise. Not really missing any of my old diet but do miss booze.

When you start feeling better depends on a variety of factors including how you ate/drank prior to your Whole30, your general health history, and how closely you follow the Whole30 rules and recommendations. 

Here is the Whole30 timeline to give you an idea what many folks experience as they go through the process. 

Spending sooooo much time in the kitchen at the weekends doing food prep!  It is worth it as the food has been delicious and we don't have a lot of time during the week but I am looking forward to having slightly more time back at the weekend when this is finished.

I think you'll find that this will get much easier, too, as 1) you gain more energy to tear through your chores in a snap, and 2) you get more efficient at it. Good luck the rest of the way!

Following it to the letter, but did eat fairly healthily beforehand (my husband is gluten and dairy intolerant) - my downfall was always a sweet snack after dinner and alcohol.

Thanks for the timeline!

We are on day 17 now and although we haven't had a 'tiger blood' transformation I think we are feeling considerably better than before we started.  My face is tighter, not a bonus I was expecting, my stomach is flatter, I don't feel bunged up in the morning, again not something I was looking for and feeling stronger mentally.  My husband has been performing better at the gym and is loving the meals.  I am looking forward to day 31 to get on the scales, and we will definitely be continuing with the changes we have made.  I wasn't that convinced on day 7 after feeling rubbish for a few days!

Archived