"the hangover" is not happening...

Going from a super crappy diet to Whole30... expected to feel pretty unwell this weekend on days 2 and 3 (today is 3).  And I feel great.  I have energy, no headache, I'm not hungry between meals, and my cravings are minimal.  Okay, so this isn't necessarily a problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or similar experiences?  Is it going to smack me like a ton of bricks a few days from now?  What's going on??

Yeah, yeah, come here and brag about it.  ;)

Apparently, it happens to a lucky few, and you may be one of them! Most people go through the carb flu and may experience various degrees of fatigue, headaches, nausea, fogginess, etc. It may still happen -- or you might just coast through your Whole30 without going through the crappy part. Either way, enjoy your blessed state, and good luck the rest of the way!

Yeah, yeah, come here and brag about it.  ;)

I know, right!?  I feel weird even asking about it, but I was so prepared to feel like poo for days on end with such a drastic change!  Maybe I'm jinxing myself by even saying things like this... I'll stop now! :)

I had no unpleasant symptoms during my first Whole30, and I was on a potato chips and mocha lattes diet prior to it.  I just felt great, and better each day.  Also, the big shocker for me was that I actually LIKED the food.  Who knew?!  (Truly, that was my biggest surprise - how much I really liked the food.)

Going from a super crappy diet to Whole30... expected to feel pretty unwell this weekend on days 2 and 3 (today is 3). And I feel great. I have energy, no headache, I'm not hungry between meals, and my cravings are minimal. Okay, so this isn't necessarily a problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or similar experiences? Is it going to smack me like a ton of bricks a few days from now? What's going on??

• 2 weeks later...

I felt this way too- until I realized that I've been eating too much fruit (and nuts/seeds) as snacks. I stopped snacking (and eating as much of these things) and POW- hangover headache.

I guess I'm finally de-toxing from the sugar demon!

Yesterday was Day 3 for me and it hit me pretty badly. Slept for 10 hours last night and still woke up groggy. Didn't have any energy for the gym. Was falling asleep at my desk. I'm hoping today will be better and am determined to go back to the gym, since it's my favorite class today. I have absolutely no appetite, though, which may present a roadblock to that goal. Also, don't feel much better from yesterday. Can't wait for this first week to be over.

Yes I have to say I never really got the hangover feeling either during my whole 30's.  I did however struggle with feeling good but being very tired/exhausted for a long period of time (until day 21 or 22 I think).  So everyone's a little different.

Archived