First Day - getting hungry, dinner's a ways away

Aloha30

First day! Hopeful. But got real hungry and dinner's just now barely getting started.

I ate some Almond Butter to hold me over and wondering if that was a bad choice… noticed it was on the Limited list (almonds) I'm used to snacking A LOT!!!

Yes, that is not the best choice. Have you downloaded the meal planning template? Most people don't eat enough on their whole30. While you are figuring out how much to eat, you can have a snack, just make it a mini meal with protein, veggies and fats. Stay away from fruits and nuts for snacks. Congratulations on eating a compliant food. Good Luck!

Thank you Tina R.  I found the meal planning template and printed it, and this will help.  I also bought the book, It Starts With Food yesterday at Barnes & Noble.  they had a good stock of them on their shelf.     

Today I felt light-headed in the afternoon at work and my blood sugar took a dive.  I'm used to snacking frequently to keep my blood sugar level from dropping.  Had a headache all day as well.  Maybe I consumed too much fruit.  Will try to do more protein and vegetables rather than fruit, tomorrow. Having chocolate withdrawals. 

Day 7 - Had leg cramp during the night - saw a post that recommends sweet potatoes, will try. Feeling heavy, maybe sweet potatoes will help that too.  Struggled with getting used to a lot of prep time in kitchen this week after working all day, no convenience foods.  Hope to feel more energy soon. Kicked the unhealthy snacking habit this week, no cravings. 

Actually, per past discussions on the forum, getting leg cramps could indicate you need to increase your salt intake, or you may be magnesium deficient. Salt your food, consider a magnesium supplement or increase the amount of compliant magnesium-rich foods you eat, which include mackerel, dark leafy greens, avocados, bananas, and brazil nuts/almonds/cashews.

If you're feeling heavy, post 2-3 days worth of your food log, and folks here can give you feedback whether you're on the right track.

Archived