What did I do??????

omg! I just can't believe it! I've been so exceedingly proud of myself all week for sticking to this. I've been feeling awesome. No cheating and it hadn't even been hard. And then today it hit me.... Omg, I ate edamame yesterday!!! I didn't even give it a second thought until I was shopping today at costco and walked past a giant bag of "Frozen Edamame - Soy Beans", and it hit me like a ton of bricks!! I accidentally cheated. :( guess today was day 1 again?

Seriously Bummed.

• Moderators

Edamame looks like vegetables, so I get how you did it. :) Unfortunately, soy is one of the big issue foods, so it is important to keep going 30 days so you can be sure you are clear of it before the end. 

Thanks for the replies!  I was really bummed about having to "start over", but then I thought, "you know, this really isn't hard - hasn't been for the last week - What's another 7 days?"  So I pick myself up and move on.  No more beating myself up.

One thing I have noticed since my slip, is that whereas the rest of the week I've been waking up feeling really good, the last two mornings I feel like I've been hit over the head with something... Perhaps related to the edamame??

Thanks again!

isn't it funny...somethings just don't hit you till later.

I'm curious, did you notice anything different the day after. In the very beginning I had a couple of tortilla chips with my carnitas salad...and I think I might be sensitive to corn...I swear I was lethargic within 15 minutes and just felt slimed the next day. 

I love actually being able to easily identify foods that are not  helpful for me.

MamaMiki

Archived