day 5: massive headache

I am on day 5 and have had a good experience so far. I have only had one symptom that popped up last night (night of day 4), an awful headache! Almost a migraine... I start feeling nauseous and am sensitive to light.

The only other times I get headaches like this are hormone related (that time of the month).

The headache is so bad, I want to quit this thing and last night I had to take some strong pain meds, which I hate doing. I have two young kids (2 & 5) and it is hard to keep up when I feel like this.

Like I said, other than the headache, I feel really good. My mood is better, my energy is getting better, and I feel motivated in the kitchen (which I hope stays because I have never enjoyed cooking).

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

If you have had hormone related headaches like this before than this is not an entirely unexpected side effect of starting a Whole30. One of the things this change in eating will do is affect your hormones. Unfortunately for most people things get worse before they get better. You might get some more specific feedback/tweeks if you let us know what you have been eating, what your sleep has been like, and your activity level and stress level but I think this might just be something that will pass. 

I had a few headache's early on.  I described them to a friend as a "hangover headache".  Never having had a migraine that was the closest I could compare it to.  I was also extremely tired around this time and one day recall sleeping about 12 hours.  The good news is, it will pass.  Headaches, for me, didn't last longer than a few days.  It did take me quite a while to get my energy levels back and now on day 28 I have a steady bought of sustainable energy.  Hang in there :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the support and help! I am now on day 26 and feel great. Days 5-10, I had a headache and it was SO hard to stick with it, but I am glad that I did... mostly just to keep my word and a goal I set for myself. 

Archived