Day 16- light headed during workouts: what can I do?

On day 16 and feel absolutely great. Good energy, great sleeping, love the satiated feeling BUT when I'm half way through bootcamp I start to feel really light headed. In fact I wonder if I'm going to pass out. I lighten up on the intensity and manage to finish but it isn't anything close to a good, let alone great, workout.

I have a hard boiled egg w/in a half hour or working out at 5:30AM and protein and starch after. I have starchy veg the night before too. Drink water throughout day / workout. Not supplementing - should i be perhaps, or???

• Moderators

It is difficult to say what is going on. Since you feel good, I assume you are eating enough. A good standard for water consumption is 1/2 ounce per pound of weight per day, although many people do okay on less. The one long shot I wonder about is if you are getting enough salt. When you stop eating processed foods, you eliminate a lot of salt. If you are not adding salt generously to your food, you might need to start. 

It might be that you just haven't fully transitioned to fat-burning yet, so your body is still reaching out to the sugars and simple carbs that are no longer there. It probably won't hurt to try upping your fat intake a little bit to see if that can give you a longer-burning fuel source. Also increasing your starchy veggie intake even more for the same reason -- at least until you feel you have more energy for your bootcamp. Good luck!

Archived