1st time..starting May 27th..work graveyards.

Jacelexi

Hi!!! Anyone else planning on starting May 27th? I would love, love a buddy in this challenge.

I am a 36 year old mother of two who works graveyards. My day looks like this....off work @630am...home by 650am...make kids lunch and breakfast...get them up and ready for school. I crawl into bed around 730am while hubby takes kiddos to school. Wake up around 230pm go get kids from school. Come home grab myself breakfast kids snacks. Get soccer gear for oldest. Head to gym by 4pm. Do weights and or cardio or both.. Workout until 5-530....take oldest to soccer. Youngest and I will run around park and play or head to grocery store for more fruit and veggies. Soccer is over at 7...home to make dinner. Husband helps with homework and putting kids to bed..I try to take a cat nap before I work at 10pm.....my biggest challenge has been working graveyards. I feel if I dont get enough sleep I tend to snack on unhealthy food in the middle of the night. I have not lost a pound in months...I don't gain but I don't loose and I have 20 I need to loose. I'm hoping this 30 day challenge will be just what I need! Does anyone have any advice??? Any tips on working graveyards and sticking with this program? I'm nervous and excited! Thanks for reading!

There are a few threads on this topic scattered around here but you might get your best advice from NomNomPaleo as she has 2 little boys and works graveyards and writes about this a lot on both her blog and in her cookbook.

My biggest general tip is to familiarize yourself with the meal planning template (print it out, post it on your fridge), become a label reading genius, plan, plan, plan, and prep, prep, prep.

Audmeighan, I also feel like I'm fitting into my clothes better! What I'm really happy about is I haven't had as much pain in my hands while lifting weights! I am holding off a little longer before I get super excited but I'm thinking this might have helped the inflammation! Happy to hear it's going good with you and the hubs! Cheers to day 5...on to day 6!

Archived