Decided to go off track for the long weekend

I reintro-ed 3 foods (dairy, gluten and rice) and was feeling very frustrated because I was getting random aches and pains and couldn't figure out if they were from a reintro food, from the small bit of sugar added back into my diet, from my period or from the never ending colds my small children kept giving me.

Anyway, Saturday I finally ate some of the Easter chocolate that has been staring at me for a month now since it was given to me during the whole 30. It didn't taste as good as I expected it to so I gave the rest to my husband and daughters. I felt very sick after eating it.

Sunday my husband and I went to a movie and I ate a couple pieces of his chocolate bar. I ended up feeling so nauseous from it that I couldn't eat again for the rest of the day.

Today I went to a birthday party. They were serving homemade appetizers on slices of baguette so I had quite a few, but peeled off the cheese on the roast beef and swiss ones because I didn't think the cheese was 'worth it'. There were also ones topped with avocado, tomato, basil and olives. They were extremely delicious. I felt fine after eating them.

A couple hours later we had dessert. There were homemade butter tart squares and a coconut lemon creme cake. I ate both and then felt extremely nauseous afterward. I realized the butter tarts were worth it, the cake was not. 

The good news is my cold is gone and so is the vague feeling of malaise. So it was probably just sick. And while I ate way more sugar than I should have this weekend it made me realize that sugar= nauseous= not really worth it. If I could go back and make my choices again I would have eaten clean the first 2 days and then had the appetizers and a butter tart at the party but skipped the cake. But it's all a learning experience isn't it? 

Tonight I'm making all sorts of food to be prepared for tomorrow, I'm going back to clean eating so I can properly reintro the foods again without being sick so I can get a better idea.

I reintroduced grains and sugar this past weekend for the first time since March 28th.  The grains gave me severe bloating and my stomach was literally sore and I noticed totally body puffiness from water retention.  The sugar gave me heart palpitations within 10 minutes and my pulse was elevated for 2 hours following.  Now 2 days later i am finally starting to feel less sluggish, tired, irritable and my water retention is almost gone.  Don't like how this all made me feel and I am sad that I reacted so severely.  Struggling with guilt as well even though I made a conscious decision to reintroduce these foods.  I am spending my time "healing" today by reading through forums, drinking homemade broth and browsing some new compliant recipes to eat for the rest of the week.  Feel like I need to do a whole7 to reset my body.

That's the joy of a whole 30, you feel so terrible eatings non compliant foods afterward that you can't go back to eating the old way even if you try!

I'm feeling major aches/indigestion/major crappiness today after going off track so I've been eating clean all day and won't reintro anything until I feel better! Nothing is worth feeling like crap :(

Archived