The self-care project (A post-W14 study)

jennor

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday:

Sleep: 6h 54min. Too short, again. I had set my alarm to do my long run early and be back in time for breakfast with the kids.

Food:

Pre-run: 2 eggs, steamed spinach, Moroccan dipping sauce, coffee

Post-run/breakfast: 2 fried eggs, sweet potato, onion and aubergine, more steamed spinach, dipping sauce, coffee

Lunch: Wok with broccoli, cabbage, bell peppers, squid, mussels, garlic and chili. Piece of 70% chocolate. Orange.

Dinner: left-over lamb steak, lamb sausage, sweet potato, onion and aubergine hash, fried eggs. 2 dark chocolate pralines and spme70% chocolate. De-caf.

Exercise: 15.2 mi run. My favorite way to start the weekend. I have time to think through the week that passed and plan a lot of fun for us to do over the weekend.

Today:

Sleep: 8h 43 min! So rested! :)

Food:

Breakfast: 2-3 fried eggs, veggie hash, spinach, coffee

Lunch: at an italian restaurant. Gluten free pizza without cheese, salami with truffle oil, salad.

Nibbling on paleo ginger bread while we were baking.

Dinner: Eggs, left-over lamb, veggie hash, spinach. Paleo ginger bread, coffee, an orange.

Exercise: We went swimming with the kids. Very light on the exercise scale obviously, but so much fun!

Yesterday:

Sleep: 6h 41 min

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, orange, nuts, coffee

Lunch: Steak, baked root veg, different salads

Snack: Trail mix, orange, de-caf

Dinner: Paleo ginger bread (yes, while getting dinner on the table ;) ) Baked salmon, sweet potato hash, spinach salad, dipping sauce.

Exercise: Running to the car-pool and to pick up the kids. A total of 9.4 mi. 20 min weights at the gym at work.

Wow, has it really been a week since I last checked in here? It flew by!

I am doing ok. I have had a few social outings where I have taken the "easiest" way where I just ate some seasonal (home baked) baked goods. I have also been eating a bit too much sugar. But my meals are still compliant, and I feel ok. I have no interest in going back to regularly consuming grains and dairy. I feel better without that. I will tighten my reins a bit in the last week before Christmas. If I eat all the holiday candies now Christmas evening will not be as special, after all.

Other than that I am still running. Last week I had a good running week, where I ended up doing just over 50 miles. This week on the other hand, focus is more on work and running is taking the backseat. Sleep is ok. Last night was way to little, but otherwise I am getting around 7-7.5h a night, which is ok for me. Work is busy, busy. But that is to be expected! :lol:

Hi hi

Good news I just hit 500k steps. Very excited.

My eating is off. Won't go into it. Stress and chaos. Good combo for my sugar dragon. Looks like we will move my dh in mid January. I am busy trying to find a house for him.

How warm is it there? I love a blustery beach day. I love any beach day. We are heading to the beach in January - a mini vacation before the big move. It should be mid 70 F's.

When do you get off for Christmas? What will you do? We'll celebrate on the 24th since dh is working on the 25th.

Here's to good health!!

Archived