The self-care project (A post-W14 study)

jennor

Thank you Derval! I was just now googlin Fitbits and jawbones and what other options there are out there. :lol:  I am not sure I will buy one, but the sleep tracking and also the activity tracking intrests me. I just need to figure out if I would really use it. Are you happy with your Fitbit? The silent alarm is a great feature. Up until I tried the Sleep Cycle I always used to put my iPhone on silent and put it under my matress and I would wake up from the vibrations. I agree the too early/ too late effect on Sleep Cycle might be a problem. I'll try a few more days and see if it is worth it and if it is more comfortabe to be woken up at a specific sleep phase compared to a regular alarm.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I *love* my Fitbit! I got it because I was terrible for killing it for an hour in the gym 4 times a weeks and sitting on my ass the rest of the time (armchair parenting! :rolleyes: )
Just now I brought/dragged the kids over to the park & they kicked ball around whilst I walked laps (4000+ steps) and I will walk up & back to Crossfit later too (another 4500).

Happy Day 7 jennor!!! 1 week down. As you know I am on day 3. But feeling great.

With regards to loved ones and their eating. So hard to watch and yet we know everyone has to figure it out for themselves. My sweet husband does well for a bit and then eats crap at work. He is resistant to taking food with him to work or eating before he leaves. I have to have patience and remember that new ways are possible. He did give up diet soda - which is a miracle!! Your sisters will benefit from your healthy lifestyle and how you care for yourself - I hope it will rub off eventually.

I'm so excited for you that you are back to running. I sit in this thing and it helps - my mom used hers in the car and at her desk. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WO5UXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried the Sleep App and did not like it - can't remember why. :P Will look at the fitbit.

Off to cook.

Happy Eating

Day 3:

Meal 1: turkey loaf, okra, avo

Meal 2: beef, broccoli, onion, cherries

I ate meal 1 very very late. I worked in the morning and then had to rush to a meeting. So I just ate at the fridge. Tomorrow I will eat after waking up. And I will get 3 meals in. And I'll sit down.

Happy Day!!

Derval, that is exactly what I would want to accomplish with a Jawbone or FitBit too, to get off my butt more outside of the gym. I am an arm chair scientist, you could say. :lol:  I sit on my butt in front of my computer or in meetings all day, every day. I would like to have something that reminds me to get up and walk around every hour or so or at least change position in fron of the computer. And also to keep track of sleep, since sleep seems to be my most valued currency at the moment. ;)

Ashley, you are just the best at finding the gadgets that improve my life! I am using the sleep mask you recommende so much! I will check the seat out as well. Can you put it in a regular office/meeting room chair do you think? I have a back support thing in my car and that helps too. It is good to hear that you are feeling good. Whole30 is working its magic!

The AC in my office can't handle these temps and it was 31C (87F) in there yesterday afternoon. I was exhausted when I came home last night.  We have no AC at home (it is not usually this hot in Sweden!) so our house was hot and humid and the kids couldn't sleep. My husband reported that they slept really late this morning instead. I guess they too find it easier to sleep in the cool morning. Today I am planning on doing the most demanding work before lunch, and then acctually go to the gym for a short while in the afternoon when it gets that hot in my office. I also have after work plans: I am meeting my family at a friends house and she has a pool. Oh, that will be nice! We will have dinner and hang out and let our kids play together.

Still going strong with the Whole30 here. My friend knows all my weird eating habits, so I am sure it will work out tonight. Just in case I will bring some nuts. I love how much more confident I am in finding food now than I was during my firts Whole30. Then I barely left my house for fear of being difficult or starving. :lol:

Sleep: Just over 7 hours. I slept well. It is wonderful to not be woken up during the night! Little one slept until 5:30, when my husband bribed her back to sleep with a bottle. Not the best habit, but we will work on that when it is less hot out.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, a green pepper, small donut peach, handful nuts, coffee.

Lunch:Braised pork neck, big slad with eggs and olives, peach

Snack: peach, few grapes (<- I think I need to practice some dicipline with the fruit. I just eat it because it is delicious.)

Dinner: Grilled boar, potatoes, salad. Fruit salad. (At my friends house. I got "sugar-ed", see below.)

Exercise: Today will be intervals! :o  2.5 mi warm-up, 5x800m and then around 2 km cool down. It will be hot out, so I will just do the warm-up outside and the rest on the tredmill. I haven't run intervals in years, so this will be a challenge. I will report back on if I survived! I finally buckeled down and got some good work done, despite the heat. Rest day!

Derval- do you have the wrist band? Some of the reviews said it responded to hand motion as if the whole body was moving. What do you think?

Jennor - the heat sounds horrible. I remember when we didn't have air conditioning. It makes for difficult days and nights. A swim in the pool is the perfect remedy. About the chair thingie - I have cheap office chairs in my studio and it works well on those. It took a day or 2 to get used to it. At first I was concerned about positioning it properly. Now I just plop down and maybe adjust it once. Look at all of them to see if there are different ones for different butt sizes. ; ) I'm addicted to my face mask. I cannot go to sleep easily if I am not wearing it. How was your haircut?

Day 4.

Today is another meeting. Plus I am going to the museum with my friend. I am trying to get together with friends without eating a meal.

Slept pretty well. Dog got me up at 5. So 6 hours straight and then a few on the couch. Not as stiff today. Digestion still off. Feeling less bloated tho.

1: eggs, bacon, kale, sp, coffee/cm

2: turkey loaf, okra, squash, eggplant, coffee

3: not sure

tell me about this sleepmask please :)

I will have a play with my fitbit later (yes I have the wrsitband), kid is on my phone right now.

The sleep mask is the bucky ultralight.  It blocks out everything and does not press on your eyeballs.  I own 10 or so - they get lost like single socks.  So I really only have 3-4. I have been using one for about 8 years.  love.

you can get it at amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Bucky-Blinks-Mask-Ultralight-Black/dp/B000WNX21Y

or if you are near a bed, bath, and beyond they usually have them

Derval, I second the sleep mask! I love that it has bowl shaped eye covers, so that they don't touch your eyes during the night. That mask and ear plugs and I am in sleep heaven! (Also needed: a spouse without ear plugs to respond to waking children.)

Ashley, today tghe heat broke and we are down to more normal temps here. I have to say though, I prefer heat to the cold, dark, long winter here. Today is a bit cloudy, but around 22-25C (72-79F) which is much perfect!

So, last night I got sugar-ed at my friends house. She had a pitcher of this clear drink that I assumed was water on the kids table and she poured us each a glass. I took a sip and it was elderberry lemonade. The thought of spitting it back into the cup crossed my mind, but I couldn't bring myself to do that so I swollowed. <_< I remembered that accidental sugar-ing does not require a restart, so I just put my glass down and didn't drink anymore. After dinner I discretely poured out my lemonade and refilled with tap water. Well, I am glad it was just sugar, and I am glad that I can do this and still go out and be with people and be social without it being to awkward.  :)

I can't believe I am on day 9 already. I feel really good. This week is not very stressful at work, my husband is still on vacation so he is doing all the nightly wake-ups and we both feel very happy and relaxed.

Sleep is good although I would still like to get in 8 hours one day this week. Maybe tonight I will go upstairs after the kids fall asleep and read my book? I love to read in bed!

My back is better every day. I am still super stiff when I get out of the car after my commute, but I feel better after moving around for a few minutes. Not sitting on my regular office chair is making a huge difference. I sat on it yesterday and after 15 minutes my back hurt like crazy. I have retired that monster now and I stand most of the time, alternating with the pilates ball and this ergonomic stool thing. I think alternating position regularly is key too.

Eating is fine. I love this type of food. So delicious! It is strange how ice cream and chocolate can have a hold on me and then once I decide I am not touching it, it looses its power over me. I did crave chocolate last night though, but went to bed instead. Good choice.

Day 9 2014 07 30:

Sleep: 7 hours. I feel like I didn't sleep so well, but according to my Sleep Cycle I did have a lot of deep sleep but with two wake-ups. I feel rested and even woke up before my alarm.

Food:

Pre-wo: Egg, espresso, water

Post-wo/breakfast: 2 eggs, a yellow pepper, a peach and a few nuts. Coffee and water.

Lunch: Shawarma meat with lots of greens, chili dressing and homemade mayo. Grapes, de-caf.

Dinner: Smoked salmon, sweet potato vedges, salad, spicy dipping sauce.

Dried mango <- Ate a few pieces of this as a stress reaction when the kids refused to go to sleep. It made my tummy feel weird, so I will not try to not do that again.

Exercise: Today was the perfect day to tackle those intervals! The air is cooler and there was a slight drizzle. I set my watch for 5x1000m intervals and headed out to the forrest to run on the road there. It was a lot of fun, actually! I will try to make it a weekly thing.

Day 10, 2014 07 31

My "breakfast" today was a bit weird because I had a meeting before I had time to eat my regular egg-based fare, so I just gobbled down a handful of trail mix to hold me over for an hour.  

Sleep: Just over 7 hours. Mr Jennor wanted to go for a run before he and I watched an episode of Dexter and went to bed, so it ran a bit later than I had hoped for. Slept well.

Food:

Pre-wo: Egg, espresso, fish oil, water

Post-wo (see above): Handful trail mix, coffee.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, tomatoes, de-caf.

Lunch: Spicy fishcakes, mixed greens, kimchi, chili and ginger, slice grilled pineapple, nuts.

Snack: Handful trailmix, peach. <-I was genuinely hungry, but it should have been a mini meal. Need to bring in a few extra hardboiled eggs to work next week.

Dinner: Streak, sweet potato "fries", salad, avocado/peach salsa, homemade mayo and spicy dippping sauce. Banana.

Exercise: 5 mile easy run and strength training. My lower back is a bit stiffer today, probably from my run yesterday. I went easy on it in the gym. It felt better after stretching and self-massaging. The longer runs (for marathon training) might have to wait another week, not sure yet.

Hi

Not sure how I missed yesterday. I haven't been sleeping well which probably explains it.

Yesterday eating did not go well - I work out late on Wednesday and so I eat late. I only ate 2 meals and the second was very small. I didn't feel well. I'm wondering if eggplant is a problem for me.

Meal 1: eggs, bacon, squash, sp, eggplant.

Meal 2: chicken, tomato, banana

Snack: larabar

Sleep was ok last night. Only got up once for the dog but I slept on the couch after.

This is day 6 and it's going to be fantastic.

Happy eating!!!

Ashley, I love the enthusiastim re-day 6! Sorry about the lack of sleep. How are you feeling otherwise? No kill.all.the.things phase? :lol:  I have been feeling good this round (so far).

Day 11 2014 08 01 (How is it already August?)

Sleep: I woke up before my alarm again. The little one was angrily yelling for a bottle, so it was not just the magic of a good night's sleep, unfortunately. I went in to her and soothed her but did not give her a bottle. We have decided that she gets a bottle at bed time, but not during the night anymore. We can't be running downstairs to make bottles every night. She is definately old enought to get through the night without eating! It will be a couple of hard nights probably, but she'll settle into the routine soon enough and then we will all sleep better.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 4 small tomatoes, peach, handful nuts, coffee

Lunch: Grill buffet;hake and home made merguez sausage over mixed greens, slice of melon, handful trail mix.

Dinner: Grilled hake again, baked potato, salsa verde, lots of greens. Banana.

Exercise: I will probably head out for a few miles later today, or I may make it a rest day. My back is a lot better today, so that is great! I can feel it healing.

I seriously googled images of chocolate chip cookies and stared at them for 15 minutes. Day 11, eh. Today I have to watch myself. The combination of the time line and the fact that it is the start of the weekend is dangerous. I can and I will do this!!!

jennor - I'm not shocked you googled cookies!! I think the sugar dragon has a weird sense of humor when it comes to torturing us!l!

Day 8 here and seriously thought of throwing in the towel last night. Not because of cravings but because I only ate two meals yesterday. You know - why do this if I'm not going to do it right! Of course then I could eat what I want at the farmers market today. The dragon is devious.

Weekends are rough. And we can do this!!!

Hihi. I was successful at the farmers market. No baked goods. Yippee. But I am at the point where I want to try to introduce something and the go another week. 1 meal a week. Probably tonight. I can do very strict and I can do carb crazy but I really need to figure out how to do every now and then. Of course I may chicken out.

Hi,

So I ate what I wanted last night, good quality burger w 1/2 bun (no cheese) and my own condiments, fries, and ice cream.  Feeling so so today. Spent some time thinking about if I would have done it over.  So it was a yes with one change - I would have had good quality ice cream. I'm stiff and bloated and I'll be waiting to see how long it takes for me to recover. Looking for improvements in digestion, stiffness, and bloat. I'm keeping track on my calendar. 

Today I will do a big cook up.  Roast veg including okra and some ground meat, 2 ways - breakfast sausage-y and with onions and seasoning  a la Well Fed. I have a spaghetti squash and eggplant from the Farmers market and I'm excited about making something with them.

My daughter asked me to take a yoga class with her - I'm excited about that!!  And a friend asked me to go to a smoothy class.  The instructor makes her own almond milk - so I think I will enjoy that - even if I don't make any regularly.  Good week.

Happy eating!!

HI Ashley, I always think about if I would have done it over when I off-road too. Like you, I rarely regret the good quality stuff but I usually feel like I should have made a diferent choice regarding the low quality ice cream or chocolate. I had ice cream too last night, and I mustly regret how MUCH I ate. I definately went overboard.  I wanted it all day long and when the kids had gone to bed I dove in. Oh, my stomach did not like that. I was in pain after. Now I will do another two-three weeks of strict good eating, I think. My whole body feels so much better when my off-roading is this infrequent. My 40th birthday is the 28th of August and that weekend I will want to eat good chocolate, maybe ice cream or cake.

04 08 2014

Sleep: Woke up to a crying little one and a flooded basement due to thunderstorms last night. It took me a while to go back to sleep, naturally. Will probably be tired tonight.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, tomatoes, coffee. Handful trail mix

Lunch: Beef on a big salad, roasted carrots, grapes

Dinner: Spiced up bolognese sauce (chipotle chili :) ), sweet potato "fries", mayo.

A few slices dried mango set me off, then I had some ice cream. Tummy ache followed. I need to not do that to myself!

Exercise: Hoping to fit in a few miles later today. Rest day.

We had crazy thunderstorms here this weekend and our basement fooded. We had up to 15 inches of dirty water standing in our basement. Now I am on the phone with the insurance company, trying to get started on the clean up. Ugh. Our real bathroom is down there, and so is the washing machine and dryer, my treadmill and all our storage. I hope to get a shower in at work today. :(

At the same time - I was taking blood samples today for my medication, like I do every three months. It was obvious many people in the waiting room at the hospital were very sick from cardiovasular problems or cancer. My flooded basement is really a minor set back by comparison.

jennor- so sorry to hear about the flooded basement. I hope everything is ok. Or can be easily replaced.  

Bad dessert...why oh why do we do it?  Plan some really fabulous cake/ice cream for your birthday!!  Do you have big (non-food) plans? 

I survived my off roading - meaning yesterday was a good day. This week is my husbands week off and we normally eat out a bit - but everything is so tempting.  So I am limiting our eating out to Friday or saturday.  And then I will have my off road meal.  And I plan to make it a good one.

Yesterday Meal 1: chicken, baba ganouj, guac

Meal2: carrots, chicken, banana

Meal3: pork chop, okra, tomato, banana

Still feeling stiff. Digestion is almost back to normal.  Slept well. 11-3:30 in bed and 3:30-6:30 on the couch. 

Not sure what I'm going to eat today.

Happy day!!!

Ashley, I think we need to get rid of most things that came into contact with the water, since it was (ewww) sevage water. The heavy rain totally overwhelmed the city's drainage system and there was back-flow into a few houses on our street. The damage was mostly things that doesn't hold a sentimental value though. It will be a hassle to have the entire basement renovated, since that was not originally at the top of our list of renovations. But at least we are somewhat used to renovations, living in a house that is over a 100 years old.... ;)

I bought a Jawbone Up24! After researching all these activity bracelets I decided to go with the Jawbone for two reasons: One, it got the best reviews on it's sleep tracking and how that is illustated in the app.  It gave me a beautiful graph of my sleep for last night. Obviously it took me a a full 6 minutes to fall asleep. And the other reason was purely design. If I am going to really wear it 24/7 it needs to look like a pretty much like a bracelet. I need it to work with office attire, suits and dresses as well as in my private life. It just buzzed discretely and told me to get moving, so I took a little walk to refill my water bottle. :)

05 08 2014

Sleep: 7h 24min. Yup, I love the Jawbone's sleep tracking function! :wub:  About 50% deep sleep. I feel well rested!

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, red bellpepper, coffee, a random brazil nut I found in the nut basket at work.

Lunch: Moroccan tagine with salmon and hake, big mixed salad, ½ oven baked onion, tomato vinegrette 

Dinner:Leftovers; grilled hake , a chorizo, ½ baked potato, salsa verde, mayo, big salad. A few slices sundried mango and 100% chocolate.

Bowl of watermelon.

Exercise: Today I will get a run in! I will! A grand total of 3000 steps on the Jawbone tonight. It is sad how sedentary my job is!

So, I fell for the ice cream again last night. That was tthe second night, and I got a tummy ache again. I will not do that to myself tonight. That is a promise from me to my intestines!

jennor - are there many models of the jawbone. Which one did you get. You sold me - I'll order one tomorrow.

Sewage - yuck! Glad nothing you care about was ruined.

I did my first yoga class in 30+ years. I survived but I hurt today. Some things have not been stretched in decades. But I enjoyed doing it with my daughter. And I will do it again. After I recover.

Meal 1: eggs, guac, salsa, coffee

Off to run errands

Ashley, I got the Jawbone Up24. I think the main difference from the previous model (called just Up) is that the Up24 syncs to your smartphone or iPad via Bluetooth, so you get your screen updated from the bracelet automatically. I made a mistake though: I have an old-ish iPhone (iPhone4) and you need at least 4S for it to sync. I got the Up24 anyway, since I figure I'll sync it to my iPad for now and probably will update my iPhhone fairly soon. It also works with androids, but I don't know the systems requirements for those. I really like it!

And speaking of my new toy, it became obvious to me yesterday just how sedetary my job really is. I logged a grand total of 3000 steps for the day. I found that quite depressing actually. I didn't work out, but anyway, that is less than 1.5 mile of walking. My longest "walks" were from the parking lot into work and back at the end of my day. This makes it very clear to me that I need to excersise, at least something small like a streak run of 2 km, on a daily basis. That short run alone would probably double the amounts of steps I take in a day!

Today I started my day with a run and I also made a point of leaving my desk to take a walk when I was on the phone. I can get a few minutes of walking in by just walking from one end of the building to the other while in a phone call. I will work on getting a 10 000 step average for this week. Too bad most tele conferences are with web cam, or I would start walking while doing them. ;)

06 08 2014

Sleep: Around 5h 40 min. My Up24 logged 6h 40m but I know that is exaggerated, since I was laying in bed for a long time unable to sleep. I was up to take care of the littlest one who wanted to go potty and then when I went back to bed I stated thinking about work and that led to me thinking about the flooded basement... It took probably two hours for me to go back to sleep. I am tired today.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, a red bell pepper, ½ handful of blue mini grapes, coffee. (I forgot to eat before my run today. I realized I never ate my pre-wo egg just as I headed out. The run still felt fine, so no big deal.)

Lunch: Thai soup, chicken skewers, big salad, small glass carrot/ginger juice.

Dinner: Glutenfree Frutti del Mare pizza without cheese. (This is acctually really tasty! I never was a big fan of pizza, but this is less greasy and a prefer it to "the real deal".) Babay spinach. Handful cherries, handful blackberries picked during a walk in the evening.

I broke the ice cream habit last night. Well, it wasn't really a habit, just two days in a row. But at least I broke that little trend early. :)

Exercise: 13 km (8.1 mi). Since my legs were fresh after an easy weekend and two days of rest I pushed a bit harder today and did the first 7 miles at just above lactate threshold pace. I will try to get to the gym for 30 min later today to lift weights as well. My back is still doing well, but I need to take care of it. Ended with just over 21,000 steps.

I started today with a long rant in my head about how hard it would be to empty our basement, get the heavy stuff up the tiny staircase (hello thredmill, freezers, washer and dryer!) and how it would suck to have all the basement stuff spread all over our house. I just wanted to crawl under a stone and not deal with the issue. Then as I came back from my run this morning, I was running over a meadow and as I saw grazing sheep, rolling hills and the early morning sun hit my face it was like all that negativity washed away. All I could feel was how lucky I am to have the family I have and the job I have and to be able to be out there on a run through this scenery. It was a beautiful experience. Running sets me straight, makes me focus on what really matters.

When I came back my husband called and said the insurance rep didn't think there had been any severe damage to the building, so they will just have fans and dehydrators and a cleaning crew. We still have to replace all the stuff, but not renovate the whole basement. Huge sigh of relief. :)

Thursday already? The days go by so fast!

Ashely, you wrote about yoga. Yoga is one of those activities that I think I should be doing more of, but never mange to be consistent with. I think it is SO good for the body. Like you said, we never stretch out our bodies properly, and yopga does that, plus it is very functional in how it develops strength. I hope to do yoga more regularly when my kids get older and my being away in the evening is not such a logistical negotiation anymore. I also hope to do like you and your daughter and go together one day!

Yesterday was another day of good eating, yay! I like to keep most days Whole30-style, with the occasional off-road adventure. I am going to keep it clean until Saturday at least, and then maybe I will indulge in some high quality dark chocolate if I feel like it. I find that my bosy can tolerate the chocolates that are 70% or higher pretty well, probably because there is no milk and a fairly low amount of sugar. I will stay away from milk, so no off-roading with ice cream for a few weeks. I know that is bad for me! 

Yesterday I got in 21,000 steps! I was at 20,300 or something when my husband put the kids to bed so I went out for a walk around the neighborhood. It was lovely to get out in the evening air. I also picked a big handful of blackberries and saw the sky turn orange over the sea.

07 08 2014

Sleep: As predicted I was tired last night. We took the laptop upstairs and watched an episode of Dexter in bed. I could barely stay awake until the end. Then I slept 7h 30m, with about 4.5h of deep sleep. And, best of all, Little One did not wake up once last night! Or, she did wake up once, sniffled shortly and promptly went back to sleep by herself. Yeeeeessss!!! I feel really rested and happy today.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, a white bellpepper (called "banana pepper" in Swedish because of how it looks), handful black minigrapes, coffee.

Lunch: Buffet: mackrell, lamb kofte, salad, handful minigrapes.

Snack: The company hired an ice cream truck that came and handed out free high end ice cream. I didn't expect to be able to eat any of it, but they told me the strawberry was a milkfree sherbet, so I had two scoops of strawberry. It was ggo ice cream, so totally worth it. No tummy issues.

Dinner: Sashimi. Tummy ache after. I usually get if after sushi, but I always figured it was the rice. Maybe the soy sauce? Or just a coincidence, we'll see.

Exercise: Started today off with 10.3 km (6.4 mi) easy running. Legs were a bit beat up from the weights yesterday, so I just rolled along at a comfortable pace. Finished with a good stretch. I feel good. 16200 steps.

jennor- yay! Sounds like pretty good sleep. My furry one got me up 2x. And I'm am still really stiff. I'm going to try Pilates Saturday and then back to yoga on Monday. I tried to do mediation/yoga with Kate when she was younger - her preschool did it. But I dropped the ball. So glad we can do it now.

I'm mostly on track. I went to the movies Tuesday and ate good chocolate. It was 56% - I read the package wrong when I bought it. :( It was really sweet and my stomach/head/body did not like it.

Plan to eat well and have an off road treck for date night - Saturday!! Planning to go to the Argentinian restaurant.

Meal 1: chicken, carrots, banana, coffee

Happy day.

Ashley, the downside with the "furbabies" is that it is not likely they will grow out of it and stop waking you up... Oh, pilates, that is another great training form I should explore. I am pretty sure my core really needs it. I hope you feel less stiff soon, and ready for another round! :)

We went to the beach yesterday after work. The handimen had been at our house and painted the list for the floor that will be put in next weekend, after we had the floors sande and oiled. So the entire living room and dining room was filled with wet lists. We had to keep the kids out of the house until bedtime. It was really nice. They swam and then we picked blackberries and got bit by mosquitos on the way home.

08 08 2014 Friday

Sleep: Hello, this is the new and rested me! :D  7h 29 min. 4h 30 min in deep sleep. Little Girl woke once but self-soothed back to sleep. Wonderful! I could totally get used to this. 

Food:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, small donut peach, handul grapes, coffee. (There was a shortage of food this morning in the refrigerator so I had to make do.)

Lunch: 1½ mexican-style spicy burger patty, fresh salsa, roasted potatoes and chorizo, salad, pineapple.

Dinner:

I might have some chocolate tonight, depending on if I have time to go to a specialty store to get some of the really good stuff. Not going to waste it on something that is not special enough.

Exercise: 11.4 km (7.1 mi) this morning with a friend. Lovely. I :wub:  running! I will try to get to the gym for some quick back-chest-core work for my lower back issues later today.

Archived