Anyone???

So I am on day 29 and about a week and a half ago I noticed my clothes, namely my jeans, fitting better.  The past few days I have noticed a pair of jeans I wore comfortably on the 9th are not so comfortable just a week later.  Yesterday I was also uncomfortably bloated.  I have not eaten outside of the guidelines and I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this. 

Sunday and Monday I had a banana, which I honestly don't recall the last time I ate a banana since I began the whole30.  I also made mashed cauliflower, and loved it so I'm really hoping that is not the culprit.  I made my usual meatloaf and may have over seasoned it a bit, but everything else has been within my normal routine.  I had several days of food boredom where my appetite was literally gone so I was not eating as much (I made a post about that concern as well).  Just trying to mention every possible thing I have done that may have caused weight gain or bloating? 

Feedback/suggestions Pease!!!

Could it be your cycle?  I've noticed on the boards so many times women (including me!) getting upset over feeling bloated, etc, only to post a couple days later, never mind, just got my period. 

If not that, I would just make note of it so that if it happens again, maybe you can see a common cause.  Then, just keep on keepin' on and don't worry about it.  It's not worth the mental energy unless it becomes a recurring thing.  At least that's what I've learned over the past year.  I've fretted and analyzed and eliminated different foods and brought them back eliminated them again.  It wasn't worth the effort.  If I just calmly eat what I eat, I feel better and any random off days pass without too much concern.

JMO

Hope you feel better soon!  And congrats on getting to day 29!

Thanks for the input.  I'm in the middle of my cycle so I should not be experiencing any weight gain or bloating right now.  Just kind of frustrated because I will be comparing results in a couple of days and I sadly feel as though, weight wise, I may be in the same situation I was pre whole30.  :(

Whole30 has a tendency to throw some women's cycles off as well so it is possible that is what is going on. I do find cauliflower makes me bloated sometimes. If you can extend your Whole30 until you are feeling more normal that might help with reintroduction and results. I would also wait and try banana and cauliflower again when you are feeling better. 

I did notice when I first started whole30 my cycle was thrown off by a week and after about two weeks I was back on track.  I'm being optimistic that this isn't the case (that was seriously an exhausting two weeks lol).  I was also doing some reading and found that cauliflower and bananas tend to cause bloating.  I packed basically the same lunch today, minus the banana.  I usually add rice cauliflower to my meatloaf but am curious to see if eating a typical serving is what is what may be causing these issues.  Mid-afternoon is when I started to feel bloating and discomfort yesterday; so if I don't feel it today then I will assume it is the bananas.  I really hope not cause I LOVE bananas and had forgotten how much I loved them which is why I ended up having one two days in a row.  I was really excited to begin my reintroduction since I have really been missing Greek yogurt, but a couple more days won't kill me I guess.

Thanks for the feedback!

I did notice when I first started whole30 my cycle was thrown off by a week and after about two weeks I was back on track.  I'm being optimistic that this isn't the case (that was seriously an exhausting two weeks lol).  I was also doing some reading and found that cauliflower and bananas tend to cause bloating.  I packed basically the same lunch today, minus the banana.  I usually add rice cauliflower to my meatloaf but am curious to see if eating a typical serving is what is what may be causing these issues.  Mid-afternoon is when I started to feel bloating and discomfort yesterday; so if I don't feel it today then I will assume it is the bananas.  I really hope not cause I LOVE bananas and had forgotten how much I loved them which is why I ended up having one two days in a row.  I was really excited to begin my reintroduction since I have really been missing Greek yogurt, but a couple more days won't kill me I guess.

Thanks for the feedback!

Read your thread here. It's 4 days later - how are you now?

Archived