Starting May 28th, Who's with me?

jdthomps4

Anyone starting May 28th?  That wants a good accountability partner?  I failed my first Whole30, but I am more determined that ever on this one... I am feeling like crap and eating like crap and sick of it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome coast2coast82.  I'm curious?  How have you guys all been eating before this?  I had a pretty common american diet.  Lots of Cheese, rice, potatoes, ranch dressing etc, but over the last few weeks I've been preparing to go whole30 and have decreased my unhealthy habits quite a bit.  But starting today I'm offically starting the Whole30 with no cheats.  I'm hoping after this just to have a lot of energy and enjoy cooking and new/different foods, not crave sugar and carbs, and of course I'd love to lose some weight.  =)

Good morning, all!

How was everyone's first day?  Mine went really well.  I am struggling to be hungry this morning.  Which is kind of funny, because last time I was starving allllllllll the time.  I suppose that is a good sign.  

I ate like crap before this, lots of take out all the time, pizza, beer, the usual American diet.  I have already started the day 2 headache.  :(  Ugh.  I try to not take anything for it, but I think I am going to have to break down and take some tylenol.  

Good luck!

Cheers,

Jess

Good morning ladies! :)

Start of day 3!!

How is it going for everyone.  I am dragging.  I am getting a lot of sleep, but just so fatigued.  I feel like I could sleep the whole day!  I keep thinking of eating off plan.  Which frustrates me... that food has such a hold on me that that is all I can think about.  

Keep on keeping on!

Things are going good so far.  My biggest challange is not eating things I give to my kids (like a slice of cheese.)  The other thing is not tasting food that I make for my hubby/kids to makes sure it tastes ok.

I started today. It's going pretty good. I'm stressed about going to work tomorrow and what I should I pack for lunch/snack

Hi Jaime! Until now I have been more or less paleo dieting since February, so I have some experience with lunch packing! Salads with chicken and balsamic vinegar/olive oil, fajitas, larabars/whole30 approved bars, avocados with salsa...just a few ideas there that are relatively quick if you can do it the night before. I love the Well Fed cookbook- it really gives you some good recipes with shortcuts! If you can bang out a bunch of food and store it for the week that helps a lot.

I started today.  It's going pretty good.  I'm stressed about going to work tomorrow and what I should I pack for lunch/snack

I have a cook day. Then pack for the week, or at least make some choices for protein, then have some veggies around or get the frozen bags of veggies and eat that as my lunches. I try to keep it simple and easy.

Coming towards the end of day 3 and starting to get a little detoxing headache. Realising the enormity if the (good) food I have to consume! My husband is away for 2 wks so hope to get into the routine before he returns and will be easier to not give into temptation (he isn't doing whole30).

Good luck everyone. I hope things are going well so far. x

I can tell tomorrow will be challenging for me.  We are going to have Cake and Ice Cream for my Grandpa's birthday party.  I think I'll have to bring myself some fruit or nuts or something....even though it might be considered snacking.  After that we are going to a going away party for the Foreign exchange student from Germany that has been living with some of our family.  I'm sure there will be a lot of junk food there as well. 

On another note, I was proud of myself for not being at all tempted by any of the Sam's club samples today!

Day 4 morning and headache gone . Looking forward to another day of eating well (and not snacking when I take the children to see Maleficent at the cinema later).

Breakfast: eggs, bacon, lettuce, homemade salsa & mayo.

Lunch: leftover chicken with mushrooms & coconut milk and sweet potatoes.

Dinner: tuna salad

Coming towards the end of day 3 and starting to get a little detoxing headache. Realising the enormity if the (good) food I have to consume! My husband is away for 2 wks so hope to get into the routine before he returns and will be easier to not give into temptation (he isn't doing whole30).

Good luck everyone. I hope things are going well so far. x

We got your back! I live with two non-Whole30 people, so I feel your pain. Have you signed up for the Whole30 Daily? It's worth it!

Good morning all, 

I had a rough weekend.  My grandma went into the hospital and I had to go home and didn't have any food prepared.  I went home immediately and we were forced into convenience foods.  :(  I am going to have  restart next Monday as this week I am a camp counselor and will not be able to cook my own food (which I knew going into my start date that I would have to have a restart after camp).  Preparation is key.  I am still looking forward to being on this thread as I have my restart after camp is over.  It was nice to see grandma before I head to camp in case something were to happen this week when I am away.  I will try to choose the healthiest options possible while away at camp... but you all know how camp food was... full of gluten and sugar!

Happy Monday!  Keep on keeping on!

Thanks Mels4683. I've signed up for the Daily. Have asked them to send me day appropriate email (just coming to the end of day 5) as when you sign up it assumes you are on day 0 and you can't backdate it.

Feel I've turned a corner today - woke up with same headache I went to bed with but after going to my yoga class it disappeared. Am not feeling hungry either. In fact, felt full after only having one of the two chicken thighs I'd cooked for dinner (will have the other for breakfast if I can face it - before Whole30 I would just have a green smoothie for breakfast).

Is anyone else in this thread still as it seems to have gone cold or is there somewhere else I should be posting?

Best wishes.

Archived