Starting May 28th, Who's with me?

jdthomps4

Is anyone else going through bouts of fatigue? I've had a few nights where I haven't slept enough but for the most part I've been getting enough. Does it matter what time you go to bed? Sometimes I go to bed around 12 or 1 but will sleep in which is probably not ideal. I work in the afternoons so that throws me off a little- breakfast ends up being around 11 or 12, lunch around 4, then dinner around 8 or 9. Sometimes I wait too long to eat breakfast in the am - I'll have coffee with coconut oil stirred in but might end up eating until a couple hours after I wake up. Yesterday I had a dr. appt and didn't have time to make breakfast so I had a larabar...not ideal but still technically whole30? Maybe it's a combination of this stuff? I've definitely had moments of feeling awesome on this program too. Just trying to troubleshoot what might be causing the tiredness....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else going through bouts of fatigue? I've had a few nights where I haven't slept enough but for the most part I've been getting enough. Does it matter what time you go to bed? Sometimes I go to bed around 12 or 1 but will sleep in which is probably not ideal. I work in the afternoons so that throws me off a little- breakfast ends up being around 11 or 12, lunch around 4, then dinner around 8 or 9. Sometimes I wait too long to eat breakfast in the am - I'll have coffee with coconut oil stirred in but might end up eating until a couple hours after I wake up. Yesterday I had a dr. appt and didn't have time to make breakfast so I had a larabar...not ideal but still technically whole30? Maybe it's a combination of this stuff? I've definitely had moments of feeling awesome on this program too. Just trying to troubleshoot what might be causing the tiredness....

Hi Mels. I 'm on day 13 and only just got my energy back fully today. I keep reading how important it is to eat a good breakfast within 30 mins of rising. It's difficult, esp when you're not used to it but perhaps this could be the first thing to try before you adjust your sleep pattern (which seems to work for you).

I know that if I don't eat a decent breakfast it throws me off kilter for the rest of the day and I end up feeling very hungry between meals.

Mels - I am on Day 14 and I was exhausted yesterday all day (I got 6+ hours of sleep the night before). Even though i was a little sleep deprived that night, I have been getting a solid 7-8 hours a night so I was surprised HOW sleepy and tired i was just missing an hour or two of sleep. I think it's partially my body adjusting to everything and expecting that full recovery time each night. I am hoping I adjust to this over time and a one or 2 hour deficit doesn't through my whole day off whack like it has been the last week or I'll never survive!! 

Ah thanks so much guys! Coast- I feel better someone else is experiencing the dramatic difference if you lose sleep- it totally takes me down if I'm off by 1-2 hours (I typically need but almost never get 9-9.5 hours).

London, I am reading some good posts about breakfast- I'm going to start eating closer to when I get up. This means I prob need to prepare something easy the night before so I can just shovel it in! I'm also reading that it helps ppl to add in some starchier veggies in the am. I love sweet potatoes and pumpkin!

Does this pudding and the mash recipe seem whole30 compliant? I was questioning it but it looks amazing. I'm thinking it needs more protein and maybe green veggies?

http://www.preppypaleo.com/2012/05/whole30-breakfast-recipes.html?m=1

Does this pudding and the mash recipe seem whole30 compliant? I was questioning it but it looks amazing. I'm thinking it needs more protein and maybe green veggies?

http://www.preppypaleo.com/2012/05/whole30-breakfast-recipes.html?m=1

Sorry, this recipe was nixed by moderator Tom on another thread: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/19500-june-1st-support-thread/page-10#entry204129

I have had some fatigue too.  I've been feeling better the last couple of days.  I think I wasn't eating quite balanced.  I was getting sick of veggies and eating too much fruit and not always putting my meal together on a plate before I eat it.  I would try to eat while I cooked for the kids or something and I think it made me not eat the way the template suggests.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived