Day 8 - Worst Day Yet

LindseyWhole30

Well, I'm on Day 8 and I was pretty proud of myself for making it through the first week. However, today has been the worst day yet. It took me forever to get out of bed this morning, feeling groggy & have an awful headache. Along with that, it's a coworker's birthday today & there's cake, ice cream, & snacks in the office today!  <_< I ended up going out to my car for a nap over lunch so I wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole entire cake before the birthday boy even knew it existed.

I'm following the plan pretty closely, eating all the right foods. But I think I might be eating too much fruit. Not necessarily to cure sugar cravings, I just really like fruit. And I'm also having a hard time making my meals big enough to keep me full until the next meal. My diet before Whole 30 wasn't awful; I had given up fast food, sugary beverages, & other "really bad" things, but I was used to snacking throughout the day at work. I'm not used to eating three large meals a day, so I'm struggling with that part of the plan.

Today I didn't even want to look at a vegetable, I just wanted to eat grapes & apples. I made a list of all the veggies I like & there aren't that many of them. I think I need to branch out & try some new recipes. I'm sick of sweet potatoes & spinach already! 

I just remember if it was easy it would't be a commitment. Look through Whole30 recipes on pintrest. Look until you find something you want to eat and make that. 

Get through today and see how you feel tomorrow.

Eating a lot of fruit could be adding to your hunger problems, especially if that fruit is between meals. 

I wasn't a big vegetable eater when I started this either. Challenge yourself to try one new thing a week. Try different prep methods with veggies you think you don't like...you might be surprised. And keep re-trying things as your taste buds change as you go on.

Hi Lindsey,

I had my appetite problems during the first 2 weeks of whole30 because I was addicted to fruit. I found it very hard not to eat fruit with every meal. Before whole30 I ate fruit as a snack and some time instead of meals. I had to reduce my fruit gradually to one small piece with a meal only. Later I reduced it to only once a day with a meal. I don't have any more cravings so far.

I'm missing my fruit too, but branching out and making more veggies.....I made roasted cauliflower "rice" for the first time the other day and it was awesome! And easy if you have a food processor....just whirl the florets until they look like rice bits, mix with oil and bake about 20 minutes. I made two big pans and stored the leftover in the fridge. Also made rutabaga rice the same way - that was awesome under a stir fry of broccoli, peppers, pea pods, chicken and some sauce made with coconut amigos, almond butter and lime juice, and pepper flakes! So good...even my hubby liked it and said I should make it again! I've been eating more veggies ibecause I just got a spiralizer....loving zucchini noodles sautéed with garlic in some ghee, and hit with some lemon juice right at the end....soooooo good!

Archived