Any Aussies in here

Rachaussie

I am on day 12!! Going well so far although not noticing major differences. Or any in fact. I have probably lost a little weight though but that wasn't a goal.

Wine is the the thing I miss most!

I was also unwell this week and craving pasta but didn't give in thank god.

Hi again,

Going OK, on day 14 almost half-way (not including re-intro lol!) I have generally been feeling good and have had a lot more energy than usual.

Feeling a little sick in the guts right now but I think I just ate too much for lunch.... Thai Green Curry can't go past it!

How about you - noticing any positive/negative/weird side-effects?

PS I had a dream last night about chocolate mud-cake iced donuts from Wendy's - seem to be spot on with the Whole30 timeline!!

Funny thing is I know that if I had one it wouldn't taste as good as my mind obviously wants me to believe!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm from Melbourne and on day 6. I have attempted two Whole30s last year and I think the furthest I got was day 16 without caving. It's such a mental battle for me.

Rebecca; that sucks you have to start again just from one cough lozenge! 

Hi Nazza,

Hopefully this will be the one that's easy for you. I generally find that once the sugar is out of my system it's relatively easy sailing :)

Yep I know, one cough lolly, but I was really suffering (and it didn't really help that much either)! Other than that I am going really well and love this type of eating but I'm really struggling with this cough. I'm drinking heaps if water and lots of hot tea etc but my throat is just so irritated I'm just hoping it passes quickly.

Good luck :)

Rebecca - have a look at this link, I love Wellness Mama for homemade remedies and cleaning/beauty recipes:

http://wellnessmama.com/1499/natural-remedies-for-illness/

I just finished my first Whole30 yesterday WOO HOO! First time in my life I have stuck to something all the way through with no slip ups so I'm feeling really chuffed :) 

Started re-intro today with dairy, fingers crossed for no negative reactions.... 

Hey KatGaz,

Congratulations on finishing and good luck with the reintroductions. I hope that you can eat everything that you would like to be able to eat :)

Thanks so much for that link, what an awesome site. I tried the face steam last night and this morning and it really seems to be helping. I always prefer natural remedies and this list is so comprehensive, I love it!!

Rebecca

Thank you, going well so far :)

Glad you like it, I'm all for natural remedies. It really annoys me when I'm sick that the first thing people say to me is 'are you taking cold and flu tablets'. I'd rather support my body to fight it than cover up the symptoms and 'soldier on'....

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

Hi! Just started today and from Melbourne! Very excited and terrified at the same time. Beyond the food aspect, it is the mental thing of being outside of my comfort zone and sticking at it that I am looking forward to / dreading...

Any advice welcome :-)

Yay some Aussie's. I'm on day 6 and finding it HARD. Surprisingly harder than raw food and juice challenges I have done (mind you they were only 5 days in a stretch).

Well done on hitting the 30 day mark KatGaz, great achievement. I would love to hear how you found the re-introduction.

Can I ask if anyone has found compliant Coconut Aminos and bacon?

Welcome :) best wishes to all of you starting out. 

Cara - Banaban Coconut aminos are compliant, only coconut syrup/sap and salt. We used to buy it from the markets when we lived in Brisbane, but can't find it where we live now (it's available online but I don't want to pay more plus shipping). Unfortunately no luck on the bacon - major sad face!

Going well with the re-intro. We re-intro'd dairy last Thurs, and grains yesterday. No obvious reactions so far, but I've had a breakout of really fine pimples on one side of my face which could be due to hormones and just changed by face products in the last 2 weeks so not really conclusive there.

Grains went ok - it was great to have popcorn whilst watching a movie yesterday arvo! Had some quinoa salad with lunch and rice with dinner and felt really heavy after popcorn and rice so close together. Noticed I hadn't had that heavy feeling at all during the Whole30. And there were definitely times when I ate a lot, but without the grains, the protein and veg generally doesn't make me feel heavy. 

Bonus lesson - making popcorn with clarified butter is waaay better than normal butter. Used to get a burnt layer on the bottom of the pan and burnt popcorn bits. Maybe because the milk proteins burn at that temperature but not the butter oil...

Looking forward to hearing how everyone goes!

Day 2 and going ok-ish, but my breakfast made me feel sick whilst eating it and so did my lunch. Is that the hangover they describe?? Still ate them, of course - but now thinking about snacks and feeling a bit of a headache coming on!! Boohooo :unsure:

Started My whole 30th today - 16th June - I live 1/2 way between Brisbane and Toowoomba. Got coconut aminos from the local health food shop and off to T'ba tomorrow to check out Paynes butchers - they have an additive free bacon - hoping it's whole 30th compliant!

Archived