Whole30 Take Two Restart and Buddy!!

PilatesDenver

Well....starting Whole30 Take Two.....started Whole30 on Aug. 1st and then we went to mountains with family...I thought I was prepared but the family had dinners planned for us and instead offering a pain I ate a few things off of the plan.....so, iam starting again tomorrow! Iam very determined to rock this out and stay on track! I felt a little defeated to have to restart but I kicked those negative thoughts and I'm ready to go again! I'd really like some buddies for this to help one another along the way!

Ready to rock!

All good things,

deidre

Hi Deidre:

I'm new to Whole30 too. I'm on Day 3 so happy to be a Whole30-buddy with you if you would like. I can't promise how much I'll be on the forum but I'm happy to check in with you and we can help move each other forward in this journey. My guess is in the end it will totally be worth whatever hurdles we have to scale along the way.

Makeda

Hi Deidre and Makeda,

I began on 1 August as well, and I am doing fine. But meal sharing can be a real downfall even when you have tolerant friends.

I just found out that one of the dishes I had for dinner contained pastured cultured butter instead of pastured clarified butter (my friend who cooked the meal did not understand the difference).

The reason I undertook the Whole30 is to see if I am sensitive to dairy. (I have not eaten grains, beans, or Frankenfoods in years. I already know what they do to me :blink:

I had already eaten it when I found out, so there is nothing I can do. It may not amount to much, but I might need to add a few days before I test myself for dairy because of it. We'll see...

I would be happy to check in with you and offer support. This is a large forum. I think checking in with a few specific people regularly is a bit easier.

I purchased a subscription to Whole30Dailey (I was curious) and it is both fun and informative. You may want to consider it ^_^

Maeva

Hi Deidre and Makeda,

I began on 1 August as well, and I am doing fine. But meal sharing can be a real downfall even when you have tolerant friends.

I just found out that one of the dishes I had for dinner contained pastured cultured butter instead of pastured clarified butter (my friend who cooked the meal did not understand the difference).

The reason I undertook the Whole30 is to see if I am sensitive to dairy. (I have not eaten grains, beans, or Frankenfoods in years. I already know what they do to me :blink:

I had already eaten it when I found out, so there is nothing I can do. It may not amount to much, but I might need to add a few days before I test myself for dairy because of it. We'll see...

I would be happy to check in with you and offer support. This is a large forum. I think checking in with a few specific people regularly is a bit easier.

I purchased a subscription to Whole30Dailey (I was curious) and it is both fun and informative. You may want to consider it ^_^

Maeva

Hi Maeva:

I think checking in on a few people is helpful and probably a lot easier than trying to manage a whole lot of people. Thanks for offering the support and I will gladly give it back. Again not sure how often I will get on but will try to develop some sort of rhythm. I had considered the Whole30Daily but in the end I passed on it. For the moment I'm just trying to take it all one day at a time so as to not get overwhelmed. If this is going to become a lifestyle then I need to develop some good habits that are liveable long term.

Look forward to sharing the journey with you

Makeda

Maeva,

Sounds great! I do get the Whole30 Daily and agree that checking in with a few people is much easier, thus why I wanted a few buddies....I do also check the Whole 30 group on Facebook, good for info, recipes, etc....but I'm also with you Makeda and not trying to get overwhelmed.

Looking forward to the journey with you both!

Deidre

Great!

I don't do much with Facebook, but I am enjoying this forum. I have studied nutrition on my own for ages and never really discuss it with my S.A.D friends or Macrobiotic proselytizing friends--who are all waiting for me to fall down dead of a heart attack...(sigh).

Maeva

Archived