Did anyone else's cravings START on/around Day 9? Feeling so discouraged.

I guess it is because I've lost the novelty/momentum of the first few days.  I was very lucky to have an almost total lack of cravings in the very beginning.  But starting in the past day or so I have been struggling a bit.  More than a bit actually.  I am still totally on plan, doing great with my meals, rarely snacking (and when I do it's a mini compliant meal as suggested).  But I am dragging, tired again, and emotional.  And I really crave my "comfort foods".  Am I still on track?  I am still committed, just discouraged at the moment.

I just went through some pretty intense cravings my 3rd week... so don't despair, you are not alone! One of the moderators mentioned that I might not have been eating enough starchy carbs, so I've been trying to make sure I eat plenty (good thing I LOVE sweet potatoes). This has helped me a lot, so perhaps check on that.

I also know part of it was just having to work through it mentally... thankfully I'm in a better place mentally now and the cravings have decreased. So hang in there! It does get better. :)

Yes. Day 10 is when most people quit. Like you said the novelty has worn off and now all you can think is "I've got three weeks to go!" Also make sure you are eating enough. Although I am not on a whole30 I did not eat any protein for lunch and I have been starving ever since.I am eating everything in sight (fruits, nuts, etc). Tomorrow is another day. Good Luck!

Yes these types of cravings are pretty normal and standard.

Best way around them is to make sure you are eating enough, (+1 for the starchy veggies)

and learn ways of distracting yourself.  Paint your nails, take a bath, take a walk, go buy a magazine, clean your bathroom, do 5 push ups - whatever you need to do to get yourself past this stage.  Make a list of things you could do to distract yourself once a craving hits.  Honestly it helps.

Archived