Another Canuck. Starting Tomorrow.

nutmeg

Hey Fellow Whole30ians, 

I'm starting my first Whole30 tomorrow.  I did a pretty hardcore change to my diet and lifestyle a few years ago and saw great results.  I plateaued for a while, and then began to give in to various things.  I find myself now back where I was before, and then suddenly gained 10lbs this winter.  We eat pretty clean, but obviously need to make some more changes.  The biggest obstacles for me are booze, dairy, giving in to too many cheats (especially when out with friends), and being sedentary.  I try to get going with consistent exercise, and I can't seem to stay with it.  I've decided that I have four years to get and be in the best shape of my life, 'cause it all gets harder when you hit 40.  I know how great I felt the first time I made a major change to my habits, and I want to do it again, but better! This is my jumpstart to getting in the right groove again.  

Sláinte mhaith,

nutmeg 

Welcome!  I can relate to your journey...have found tremendous success and relief from food cravings by following a primal lifestyle, but struggle with the idea of being 80/20.  I struggle when I let even 20% of my diet be "unclean" or allow sugars back in.  So being back on track with Whole30 this month is going to be great.  I am looking forward to the month ahead!

Archived