I am having a hard time with getting certain foods down.  And it changes daily.  One day the thought or site of any veggies makes me sick, the next day its a protein source.  Ughhhhhh.  I am also not very hungry at times.

I am not sure if I am really craving breads, pastas, and sugars or if its behavioral?????  But all I think is I just want one bowl of pasta for the day and I'll be fine. 

Anyone else have these issues?

I will say I no longer find food that interesting.  Maybe that's the change in my relationship?  I used to crave foods like a gooey grilled cheese.  Nothing sounds good anymore.  I eat out of necessity, not because it's yummy.  I wasn't really hungry for breakfast.  I don't think I feel hunger the same way anymore.  I just get murdery.

I found this to be true during the third week - may not a real repulsion, just a lack of wanting to eat anything.

To break it, I found some new recipes and used some new spices to liven things back up again.  If I couldn't face meat for a day, I ate eggs and fish.  If I couldn't stand to see another green leafy veg, I switched to sweet potatoes, etc.

Good luck to you!

I will say I no longer find food that interesting.  Maybe that's the change in my relationship?  I used to crave foods like a gooey grilled cheese.  Nothing sounds good anymore.  I eat out of necessity, not because it's yummy.  I wasn't really hungry for breakfast.  I don't think I feel hunger the same way anymore.  I just get murdery.

Wow, I'm so glad to hear someone else say this. I thought I was the only one. After my first Whole30 I just lost interest in food. It is now just something I put in my mouth because I need fuel. Which really is sad because I used to love to cook and I used to love to eat. Whole30 gave me my health back though and that is worth more than the enjoyment I used to get out of cooking and eating so I would say it's a fair trade off.

I just posted about this actually.  Sometimes just the sight of eggs make me nauseous and I have even thrown up after eating them when I just needed 'fuel'.  The only think that helps is a banana smoothie. I wonder if this is my body's way of manipulating me into eating sugar!

• 2 weeks later...

My 19 year old son and I are experiencing the same thing.  We are on day 20.  I am a great cook but just don't want what used to be yummy.  It's really strange too because I ate pretty clean before whole30.  I would have 2 eggs fried in coconut oil with sauteed spinach with shallot salt on top of a piece of ezekiel bread bread every day!  Never got tired of it.  Now eating the same thing minus the bread makes me gag.  WTH?????????????

I am with a lot of you in that I am now typically just eating for the fuel. It has made my meals smaller because when I am no longer hungry I just stop, even if there is more on my plate. Since I am still lasting 4-6 hours between meals I am not too worried about it. I hope I will be able to maintain this ability to notice when I am no longer hungry after w30. If anything, I think that will be what will eventually lead to sustainable weight loss for me. Thus, I feel like a couple weeks of not enjoying food are an acceptable trade off. Granted, I am not repulsed by food just not interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

My 19 year old son and I are experiencing the same thing.  We are on day 20.  I am a great cook but just don't want what used to be yummy.  It's really strange too because I ate pretty clean before whole30.  I would have 2 eggs fried in coconut oil with sauteed spinach with shallot salt on top of a piece of ezekiel bread bread every day!  Never got tired of it.  Now eating the same thing minus the bread makes me gag.  WTH?????????????

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I am on day 7 and to the point where I would rather not eat than force the food down. This is my second try at w30 and the first time wasn't much better. I made it do day 11 but I wasn't eating, could not eat, enough food to follow the program. Now I am on day 3 of this same feeling! I literally cannot stand the thought if putting anything in my mouth except some nuts and fruit. I woke up super hungry several hours ago and have had nothing but coffee!! I do not know what to do!

I am on day 7 and to the point where I would rather not eat than force the food down. This is my second try at w30 and the first time wasn't much better. I made it do day 11 but I wasn't eating, could not eat, enough food to follow the program. Now I am on day 3 of this same feeling! I literally cannot stand the thought if putting anything in my mouth except some nuts and fruit. I woke up super hungry several hours ago and have had nothing but coffee!! I do not know what to do!

I am having the exact same issues! I'm on day 8 and I am resorting to mostly repetitive meals just because NOTHING seems appealing, even junk (which I guess is a positive :) ) I actually almost had to choke down breakfast yesterday morning. I feel like it could maybe be my shifting associations with food from comfort to fuel. 

Archived